Adding remote locking system...

mitche

Hi all

I just bought a remote controlled locking unit to my A2. Problem is that the manual supported from the dealer had probably another A2 in mind when they made the manual. The colours described in manual is different from reallife, sigh...

So does anyone got the wiring for a a2 -01? Im interested in the wiring between the drivers door and "cockpit"...anyone?

Regards
mike

Can you be more specific as to what you are trying to fit - all UK A2s were supplied as standard with remote central locking, so there should be no need to fit an aftermarket solution.

Cheers,

Mike

ok, I'll try...

Can you be more specific as to what you are trying to fit - all UK A2s were supplied as standard with remote central locking, so there should be no need to fit an aftermarket solution.

Cheers,

Mike

I bought a kit from www.akhan-carparts.at

The installation manual provided is referring to the contact between the drivers door and car.
Gray/violett and gray/green are the cables I should connect to according to manual, but on my car theres only these ones:
orange/brown
orange/green
brown
red/grey
red/yellow
red/black
blue/white
brown/white

i have emailed the company, we shall se monday what turns out...

mike

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that the orange wires are the CAN bus and the brown is an earth.

I'll look into the others for you but see what they come back with.

Why are you fitting this unit though - was your car not delivered with remote locking?

Cheers,

Mike

Why are you fitting this unit though - was your car not delivered with remote locking?

Exactly, my car was not delivered with this option, how crazy it might just sound, I thought all cars from 2000 an onwards had this option, but no....

mike

Back