Adjusting window frame?

Bri957cc

Is it possible to easily adjust the window frame, so that it seals better against the B pillar.

The panel gaps seem ok, it’s just the window that’s out slightly.

Cheers Bri

Attachments

• 3EEDED59-5BAA-4843-AEE5-051CD2A6795F.jpeg
    3EEDED59-5BAA-4843-AEE5-051CD2A6795F.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 38B907C8-45CD-488A-B94F-339E3FE30BCD.jpeg
    38B907C8-45CD-488A-B94F-339E3FE30BCD.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 141
Is it possible to easily adjust the window frame, so that it seals better against the B pillar.

The panel gaps seem ok, it’s just the window that’s out slightly.

Cheers Bri
is the entire window frame squiffy? Can you take some images of the door and rear door in question from further away so we can see the whole frame, rubbers and door frame / panel gaps in context in case the door is also slightly misaligned? The trim piece between front and rear door windows can also move slightly (if I remember correctly) so there may be a bit of juggling needed with both. Adjusting the window frame positioning can be done but you need to remove the trim inside the door and dismantle until you can access the screws that locate the window frame at front and rear edges.

A better photo may help, perhaps turn the car around to get the sun on the frame so that the gap can be seen?

The silhouetting not-withstanding, comparing what I can see here with my car outside the window, alignment of the corners of the window rubbers and the silver paint at upper rear and front corners of each visible window frame are a bit up and down compared to the black gloss trim piece and adjacent window seals - ie there is a visible step down between the two doors. We're not talking a lot here, probably only 2-3mm - but it differs from what I can see on mine. Very small adjustments to the window frame screws inside the doors should resolve this. I would also look at the trim piece in case a small adjustment to that sorts the whole issue out.

Looks to be that the frame is too far in at the top and too far out at the bottom.

You can adjust this without removing the frame, you'd have remove the aluminium cover that's behind the doorcard, remove the door seal and they you can see 4 x torx bolts that hold the frame in place. There is a bit of adjustment in these. you'd need to move the top bolts out a bit and the bottom bolts in a bit.

Back