advice

Mr b

I am putting my car into a garage that uses genuine audi parts, I am having a new cam belt fitted and advised by other members having the water pump renewed. Does anyone have any ideas how I would know if the cam belt and water pump has been changed. Do you know if you get garantee that they have been changed?

Mr B

Thanks for your reply, I am having the cam belt and the water pump replaced at the same time, what I mean is how do you know if they have in fact they have put in a new water pump or they change you for changing one but actually leave the old one in. Do they give you a receipt with the milage on it for to confirm that the cam belt and water pump have been changed at that date and at the milage on your car .

Part retention is one way (it's unlikely that they'll have an A2 water pump and tensioner lying around!), but insist on genuine parts and insist on an itemised bill - this way if anything fails within 2 years, the parts will be covered (as will any damage arising from the failed parts).

If you supply the parts, mark them in some way ( a little scratch on the water pump body etc) so that you can see if the part they show you is the old part or just the new one dirtied up a bit!

Cheers,

Mike

Back