Air-con probs!!

masseyt

Hi all, hope this is in the correct area. :D newbi
went to get my air con re-gas today and had probs (as suspected) my machanic checked for fault codes and found...

00819 High pressure sensor G65 sort

00818 outlet temp sensor open circuit

01273 ?? open circuit

it blows hot to cool (ish) air but not cold, can anyone help had a look around but nothin specific :confused:

maybe compresser screwed:(

A simple test for a duff compressor is to whip the bonnet off and with the engine OFF, see if you can spin the centre of the compressor (this is the bottom component running on the belt at the left of the engine).

If it spins, it's goosed!

In your case though, the diagnostic points towards a couple of duff sensors, which are easily replaced at moderate cost.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for quick response :D I will try the comp test, other than that are these sensors common and are they audi only parts like most things on the a2:confused:

Are the sensors common? Yes.

Are they only available from Audi? Yes.

Best of lucj with the diagnosis - fingers crossed it's not the compressor, as that is BIG bucks!

Cheers,

Miike

Very true and if you fit yourself, you can't start the engine until the system is gassed, as the gas contains the lubricating oil too!

I got a remanufactured one from Ebay - around £160 with a 2 year warranty. I self fitted last July and touch wood, all is still tickety-boo!

Cheers,

Mike

If you want to pop over to Skipton Autos, I have a new condensor pressure sensor in stock, which I can fit for you and run another diagnostic to see if that cracks it. You're not a million miles from me.

Cheers,

Mike

Back