Alarm / central locking

Pan

As long as I’ve had my A2 the alarm has always been a bit temperamental but appears to have got worse of late. Also the central locking won’t always work, I've fitted a new battery in the key but its still the same. Some days it has to be manually locked but the alarm always goes off after a short while if locked in this way. Other times it locks remotely but has to be opened by the key in the door lock. Do I have 2 faults or is it likely to be one thing causing both problems? I have had it checked some time ago when it was only the alarm but no fault codes were detected.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Hi,
I've got a similar isue withe my central locking only ( no alarm on mine I believe) and my VAGCOM 709.1 doesn't want to communicate with the central locks module, so I have no way to get any fault code .
Does this com failure means my module is dying or is it a problem with my vagcom software ? Well, that's my question...
Although I must say I can't reach the Brakes/abs module nor the heater's, so most likely it's an issue with my vagcom, but what to do ?

Back