Alarm going off when ignition key is turned to first position

Gripper71

Just bought an O3 1.4 tdi that my niece was going to scrap. I've got all the jobs done that were on the MOT fail sheet but I need advice on a problem re starting the car. When the key is put in and turned to the first position, for the ignition and heater plugs to come on, the alarm goes off. The key has to be turned straightaway to start the engine, missing the time for the heater plugs. God bless the little thing it still starts after a while even on the recent bitter cold mornings, but it struggles. Any help please? This is my 2nd A2 tdi, I only sold the first after being offered a fortune for it. Thank you

I bet your drivers door does not register as open. The car thinks the doors are shut and senses someone inside so sets off the alarm. Turning on the ignition quickly disables the alarm. Do your fuel flap release and alarm buttons on the driver b pillar light up when you open the drivers door? If not then the door open microswitch in the lock has either failed or is full of old grease and dirt. You can clean it from the edge of the door and spray lots of cleaner into where the lowest part of the door catch is. To replace will mean taking the interior door trim off, then the aluminium panel on the door and the upper half of the door that contains the glass. After all that the lock can be removed and replaced or repaired.

I bet your drivers door does not register as open. The car thinks the doors are shut and senses someone inside so sets off the alarm. Turning on the ignition quickly disables the alarm. Do your fuel flap release and alarm buttons on the driver b pillar light up when you open the drivers door? If not then the door open microswitch in the lock has either failed or is full of old grease and dirt. You can clean it from the edge of the door and spray lots of cleaner into where the lowest part of the door catch is. To replace will mean taking the interior door trim off, then the aluminium panel on the door and the upper half of the door that contains the glass. After all that the lock can be removed and replaced or repaired.
Hi, just checked and both the buttons on the B pillar are lit up

Yes you have about 4 seconds after you open the door to turn off the alarm. Just put the key in the ignition and turn on to the warning light. Is everything else is ok this will switch off the alarm. What is wrong with the fob?

I hope that's all it is too. No second key, can you recommend somewhere to get one? Thanks for your help
I use a chap on ebay ( telecommann) from a picture he can supply a blade cut to your vehicle

Mine came with one key so i got a blade cut (£10 ish) then bought a second hand fob (£8) with exactly the same part number (some end with D earlier ones dont and are not interchangeable!)
Rather than struggle with coding the key i decided i wanted a replacement re mapped ecu with immo disabled about £65, Happy days!

I use a chap on ebay ( telecommann) from a picture he can supply a blade cut to your vehicle

Mine came with one key so i got a blade cut (£10 ish) then bought a second hand fob (£8) with exactly the same part number (some end with D earlier ones dont and are not interchangeable!)
Rather than struggle with coding the key i decided i wanted a replacement re mapped ecu with immo disabled about £65, Happy days!
Thanks for that

Back