Alarm siren

AlanA2

A2OC Donor
Basically alarm went off today, when dog moved around in boot.....and the siren sounded like a reversing beeper. It appeared to come from the rear, and basically wouldnt deter anyone. Is this normal.

Vagparts show a siren, but pic shows it fits at the front.

That's right - the alarm is pretty quiet (due to German noise regulations) and is fitted between the rear light cluster and the fuel filler.

Because that area is pretty well sealed, there is even less noise emitted!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Alan A2
If you often lock the dog in the car, the interior monitor can be deactivated using the button on the drivers door pillar.
I agree with the 'puny' alarm comments....even the low fuel warning seems to make more noise.

Cheers Spike

Another alarm question

Is it possible to fit a 12v siren in place or in conjunction with the original one??

Is it possible to fit a 12v siren in place or in conjunction with the original one??

No!

I have tried and quite apart from having to cut open the sealed alarm box, even when you wire in a second alarm siren (I used a 120dBu unit), the overall increase wasn't much noticeable, mainly due to the way that area is so well sealed.

Cheers,

Mike

You can give it a go. If you want an alarm box that has already been un-sealed, rather than destroying your own, I have one that you can have for a reasonable rate.

Cheers,

Mike

The alarm box is sealed - not screwed or clipped, but the 2 halves of the plastic shell are sonically sealed together. It is located deep below the offside rear light cluster.

Cheers,

Mike

I've will have to agree the low fuel warning is louder, i've taken the false floor out and my dog has never set the alarm off and he's a large golden retriever

Cheers Phil

Back