[Altea Report] The first 1.000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2day

Hi!
It's me again. Now with the 1000 miles report.

10.jpg

I've divided in four sections: Interior, Exterior, Engine & General Issues.

Interior
1 - The radio sometimes gets in the way of the hand when moving from the steering wheel to the shift stick
2 - There is, at the moment, no dashboard noise whatsoever.
3 - The Sport seats it’s a "must have". The car weight creates a little bit of body roll on the curbs, so it’s nice to be "glued" to the seats.
4 - The all-red interior lights, especially the instrument panel can create tiredness after some hours of driving.
5 - The auto-dimming interior mirror is one of the most interesting goodies. It really works, and I believe it can bring a little more safety at night
6 - Nice power steering wheel, really smooth
7 - The parking aid is also nice, since the car does not allows you so see its end (the back windows is quite small)
8 - The windscreen wipers do its function quite well, but at speed over 50 mph you can ear the wind trapped on the top of the windscreen slot.
9 - Great overall space, both in front and on the back seats.
10 - Lots of storage space (even below the back seats you can find a large rack to store books, for instance and in front of it a umbrella holder)
11 - On the driver's seat the rod to increase the seat's back strength was broken (a new one arrived yesterday...)

Exterior
1 - The hood was not well placed (I still need to go Seat Service to fix this) its slightly open, probability some minor adjustment
2 - A rubber band below the driver's windows was also cut. I need to investigate if Seat Service will replace the entire window rubber. If so I will not do it (still afraid for the lack of knowledge dealing with Alteas... I prefer not to be the "guinea-pig")
3 - The car throws tons of smoke in heavy acceleration, so the fog lights on the back of the car need to be cleaned very often. I've seen this behaviour on 2.0 TDI Golfs and A3s.
4 - The styling is amazing. People literally stare at the car... it seems that they are look at a UFO! LOL

Engine
1 - The fuel consumption is a little higher that I thought. Currently the overall average is around 7.2 litres per 100km. My old Golf TDI 115hp did consume around 6.4 litres per 100km. The Audi A2 did a spectacular 5 litres per 100km.... but ok... with half the horsepower
2 - The speed climbing is really nice, but at high speed you can notice that the car is not as aerodynamic as others (smaller cars, and specially lower cars, like Golfs and A3s).
3 - The engine turbo do a really nice sound specially when in max load you take the foot out the accelerator. You will ear a depression sound (almost like the rally cars). :) Nice effect!

General Issues
1 - The cars weight (around 1.5 tons) can create problems at high-speed closed corners. I've experienced ESP a couple of times in places were the Audi A2 flied with any ESP warning (at its ESP was very very "controlling")
2 - Like I told, the body roll is quite noticeable. If you do not have a sport suspension you should even be more careful.

If you have an Altea please write your feedback on your car.
Available for any addition information.
Best Regards,
A2day

<center>Speed doesn't kill... sudden deacceleration does!

492429864412fdbb088ba0.jpg

Seat Altea 2.0 SportUp TDI</center>

Good report! It is a nice car have to say. Saw them at the Paris Motor Show again this past weekend and one did have the red sport seats: VERY nice indeed.

The new Toledo is hideous I think... neither fish not fowl and people won't know what to make of it. And also because it has the EXACT SAME front 95% of an Altea it will rubb off badly on the Altea's image I think too... pity...

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back