Aluminium Fatigue/Door Cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipton01

Admin Team
Following a communication from Audi UK, I am now at liberty to make a statement on the much publicised door cracking/aluminium fatigue issue:

Audi UK regard the issue as an 'optical' fault, rather than a structural one and would like to assure any concerned owner that any cracks found around the door hinge area will in no way affect the safety or integrity of the vehicle.

However, Audi UK have committed to rectify these faults, without cost to the owner, regardless of warranty status.

If any owner finds such cracks around their top door hinges, please contact your nearest franchised Audi UK dealership, who have now received the relevant Technical Bulletin and will deal with the issue.

Please be aware that the parts needed to rectify the situation are not in plentiful supply yet and it will be mid-March before the repairs can begin. However, you should notify your dealer as soon as possible, so that workshop time and parts can be allocated to make the process as efficient as possible for all concerned.

If anyone would like to know more about the situation, please email me, or PM me. There is nothing to be gained now by contacting Audi UK directly - please channel all queries on this matter to me and if necessary, I will contact Audi UK on your behalf.

Can I be the first to thank Audi UK on the way this has been handled. I would especially like to thank Jeremy Hicks for his pro-active response (your telephone call was very much appreciated) and David Ingram - Audi UK 'Enthusiast-in-Chief' for his continued support and assistance. I know that people have been frustrated by the apparent delay in sorting this out, but please appreciate the scale of what has to be done.

I hope that this will answer most peoples questions on the subject. Can I also add that the above statement is my own and NOT that of Audi UK.

Kind Regards,

Mike Hill

Technical Director - A2OC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back