AMD Tachnik - Stages 1,2 & 3 Tuning

Anyone had all three stages of tuning from these chaps done to thier A2 TDi (specifically the 90bhp Sport)? No idea whether their quoted figures for bhp and torque are for the 70bhp model or not.

Also, what's the most anyone has got out of one of these little gems in bhp and torque terms. My brother has just bought his RS4 and I would love to give him a spanking at the lights (in my wildest adream of dreams I know - :-} ).

Seriously, I love my A2 but really want more oomph for overtaking. Given the aluminium construction, great fuel economy and the lowest car tax around it makes a fantastic package.

Thanks!

My TDi 90 is up to about the 120 mark now after a bit of fettling from Simon Coe at CCC Tech in Sheffield.

Everyone from the forum that has been in the Tank seem to like it and agree that it has a fair old bit more oomph than a standard 90.

The only trouble is that the gearing is a bit too short now - it revs round to 4k rpm before you know it and first and second gear flash past in no time.

In wet weather, you can't lay the power down through just two wheel drive and it really does need quattro to do it justice.

I did toy with the idea of trying to source a 1.8T engine for my last A2, but the idea really is a non starter without first putting in a 4 wheel drive system.

I know this answer doesn't really relate to AMD in general, but it does give you an idea of the possibilities!

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for that. I dont like the lack of power throughout the rev range on my A2 and would like to get the power for a greater share of the revs. From what i am reading on this site a tuning should help here, even if the wheels can't get the grip at lower speeds.

Back