angeltuning

www.jabbasport.co.uk did my tdi 75 and transformed its performance.

Pre-remap:
Engine power = 82.9 hp
Wheel power = 75 hp
Torque = 200 Nm

Post remap:
Engine power = 120.1 hp
Wheel power = 108.5 hp
Torque = 253.6 Nm

The results will vary from car to car. Jabbasport reckoned the results for mine were about the best they've had. The only other pre-remap mod was that the standard air filter was replaced with a K&N.

My A2 now drives like my son's Golf MK4 130 GT tdi.

Last edited:
awesome gti are Quoting me silly

Never heard of them - why not use a tried and tested alternative: Awesome in Irlam, they did mine and it is a superb result.

www.awesome-gti.co.uk

Cheers,

Mike

Hi there mike

Awesome gti are asking me to fork out £375 + vat that’s a rip off. Even though I mentioned I am a member of the a2oc lolz

Hi there mike

Awesome gti are asking me to fork out £375 + vat that’s a rip off. Even though I mentioned I am a member of the a2oc lolz

The usual price for full A2OC members is £299, which has been obtained by a few people.

For another referral, send a PM to Brads.

They aren't the cheapest, but they are pretty much the best.

Cheers,

Mike

re. "£375 + vat"

That's still about £30 less than jabbasport. I was v. happy with their price - it involved about 4 hours work on the car in order to get the maximum possible results from a bespoke rolling road remap.

Involves a darn sight more than a simple 5 minute ecu flashing of a generic remap via a laptop PC. The results - see my posting above - speak for themselves. I'd be interested to know if anyone has got similar results from a generic remap.

Also would be interested in how they compare with other bespoke remaps done on an A2 tdi 75.

If I were having a remap, I would look for a company who......
Has previously worked on A2's
Does a daignostic scan before starting the remap to ensure the car is running correctly
Runs a 'before' power curve on the rolling road as a baseline
Spends time obtaining a smooth power curve rather than just going for a max reading
Guarantees their workmanship.

Rolling roads tend to give quite different results so I would look for relative improvements and not just big horsepower numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing the data from the the Stealth rolling road runs as this will provide a true perfomance comparison of cars remapped by different tuners on different days.

Cheers Spike

A2Sport

Angel Tuning are quite well known tuners. I have a mate with a Skoda Fabia VRS which has been breathed on by them and now puts out more than 180 bhp (standard 130 bhp). He was very impressed with them, especially the price and has been running it for over a year with no problems.
I've driven it and it's a beast!!!
You could also try Tunit as their products are regularly tried and tested by Diesel Car Magazine. You can even take the car to them, they'll fit and tune the module to your car using a computer. You take it for a spin and if you like it, you buy it. If you don't, they take it off, no charge.
I took my old Saab 9-5 3.0 tid to them and ended up with 215 bhp (standard 177 bhp). Needless to say I bought it!

Back