Another happy customer from Vince at Stealth

Took the wifes 1.4TDi 75 down to stealth for a remap as it is rather flat and struggles to overtake cyclists. Blown intercooler they spotted it in 2 minutes. So £154 for a new one from Eurocar parts + 2.5 hours fiddling about fitting it on the drive, a bit of a game but not to bad. Anyway it went a little better after the new intercooler but still very slow so back down to Stealth for a remap once more.

Well our A2 was well off the pace only 74 Bhp they normally have low 80's and the torque curve was very pointy sharp rise to max torque at 2500 RPM and then falls very sharply after that. Vince put his standard map in and re ran it on the rollers 104 BHP wow. But a little smoky so a bit of fine tuning of the standard map and another run 102 BHP and no smoke.

The new curves have to be seen to be believed why Audi sell them like that I dont really understand. Took her for a test drive and she is transformed from slow to downright speedy all for £225 + VAT.

If you thinking of taking the plunge then do it our car has been transformed, really really chuffed.

If you are interested I will try and scan in the curves and post them up

I'm interested in having a look at the curves as I'm contemplating doing the same, and my intercooler's blowing!
Russ

curves

power and torque attached below

Torque is what you feel when your driving and the curve speaks for itself

If you are going to do the intercooler yourself then let me know and I can share some tips I learnt.

Attachments

• a2 - torque.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 352
  • a2 - power.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 348
Wow!

Thats really impressive results!
Its on my wish list of things to do on my A2... but its one of those i simply cant resist!
So for driving experience you`d say its night and day then???

It makes a huge difference in how the car drives. When you have it done you think why did I not do that sooner!

Cheers

David

Once the novelty wears off and you are not so heavy with your right foot:) it setles back to normal.

It's just great to have the extra power and taulk when required:)

Cheers

David

Hahaha!

The lead-foot syndrome eh???
Well i cant blame you.. as why not!

I`ll have to have a "chat" with Vince me thinks. As im interested in the torque element of a custom map, as im hoping to sort out a trailer so will require more newton meters of pulling power. LOL

Back