Another long time lurker.......

Normski

Evening all,

Always been a fan of the A2 and after much research (lurking) and discovering the A2OC I have decided to chop in my company car and run an A2.
Can I start off by saying what a fantastic club/forum this is; its great to read contributions from such enthusiasts. I'm also a member of 911uk, another great forum.
So here's a pic of my purchase - an '04 TDI SE 90 with 73k on the clock and loads of service history/ maintenance records. My father in law kindly picked her up from the garage for me on Monday; yet to be delivered to Devon as I work away a lot.
So I'm planning on a few modifications over the summer:

Purchase & refurb of a sport steering wheel through Jack at Royal Steering Wheels
A3 sport perforated gearshifter
A remap - Depronman if you're reading this - I've sent you a PM
17" TT 6-spoke alloys (already bought from Ebay & on the way)
Leather seats or the FSI sports seats

Then I'll take a break and learn more from you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_9853.jpg
    IMG_9853.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 253
Looks like a great base car for a project. Getting harder to find low mileage examples.

The sport seats you refer to are a spec level rather than a specific engine model so any seats from a sport spec car will be the same.

Welcome to the forum officially Simon.

Akoya Silver is a great colour; my very first A2 was the same. I look forward to more photos and watching your mini-project unfold.

Don't forget the club has an active social scene should this be your thing/provided you are available to attend given your distance and schedule.

Hi Simon and welcome
Looks great and I must say the wheels you have at the moment are quite rare and look great on a2’s.
The car Darren c refers to is now my car and akoya is a great colour.
Please se the social section as we always like having new members join in the social scene.

It already looks like the a2 bug has bitten cheers mike

The sport seats you refer to are a spec level rather than a specific engine model so any seats from a sport spec car will be the same.

As Steve says, Sport seats are Sport seats, whether they were fitted in an FSI or otherwise. Almost all A2s, whether they were based on the 1.4TDI, 1.4 petrol or 1.6FSI, were available in 'Sport' guise and therefore came with Sport seats. You could also buy an A2 in 'SE' guise but specify Sport seats as an add-on. You've probably seen Sport seats in FSIs more often than in other A2s because most people who bought an FSI (the fastest A2 available from factory) bought it in 'Sport' guise.

Both designs of seats (standard and Sport) were available covered in cloth or leather, with or without electric lumbar support, and with or without heating elements. As such, the most desirable seats are heated leather Sport seats with electric lumbar ...but they are rare and fetch big money.

Cheers,

Tom

Just for additional fun I think my leather heated seats might be a confusing mixture of styles. No extra large side bolsters but the seat section is apparently much longer than the normal SE seat. Personally, I think they are magic and suit me very well - I like a supported knee but don’t like to have to swing over a massive bolster (ps that might be twaddle and they may just be standard SE - only seen one to compare it to). They are also a beautiful dark grey.

Maybe go to a social and have a jump in and out of some willing member’s cars to see which style of seat you prefer before setting your heart on the rarest of rare.

Lumber adjustment can be retrofitted as can heating elements (although pricey) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifey and my father prefer the SE seats over the Sports ones, as the side bolsters are shorter, and therefore easier for access/ingress. But yeah, ultimate is heated leather ones.

Mind you, it was so hot in the car yesterday I actually burnt my back when I got in as the temp gauge was reading 39.5oC, had to drive leaning forwards for about 5 minutes until the air-con took effect.

Ouch! Ive got the hekos so can keep my windows cracked an inch and they look closed. My car seats felt great. Warm but not uncomfortable. Maybe Black is the issue...

Evening all,

Always been a fan of the A2 and after much research (lurking) and discovering the A2OC I have decided to chop in my company car and run an A2.
Can I start off by saying what a fantastic club/forum this is; its great to read contributions from such enthusiasts. I'm also a member of 911uk, another great forum.
So here's a pic of my purchase - an '04 TDI SE 90 with 73k on the clock and loads of service history/ maintenance records. My father in law kindly picked her up from the garage for me on Monday; yet to be delivered to Devon as I work away a lot.
So I'm planning on a few modifications over the summer:

Purchase & refurb of a sport steering wheel through Jack at Royal Steering Wheels
A3 sport perforated gearshifter
A remap - Depronman if you're reading this - I've sent you a PM
17" TT 6-spoke alloys (already bought from Ebay & on the way)

Then I'll take a break and learn more from you guys!

You have a reply to your PM, actually did so a few days ago, but bloody french internet is crap :)

Cheers,
Paul

Just for additional fun I think my leather heated seats might be a confusing mixture of styles. No extra large side bolsters but the seat section is apparently much longer than the normal SE seat. Personally, I think they are magic and suit me very well - I like a supported knee but don’t like to have to swing over a massive bolster (ps that might be twaddle and they may just be standard SE - only seen one to compare it to). They are also a beautiful dark grey.

Maybe go to a social and have a jump in and out of some willing member’s cars to see which style of seat you prefer before setting your heart on the rarest of rare.

Lumber adjustment can be retrofitted as can heating elements (although pricey) ;)

Thats sound advice, thanks.

I'm particular about my wheels - so they are already in being refurbed in "Audi Q7 Grey".

The seats will be a larger outlay, so will wait until the right ones come my way.

Hi Simon and welcome
Looks great and I must say the wheels you have at the moment are quite rare and look great on a2’s.
The car Darren c refers to is now my car and akoya is a great colour.
Please se the social section as we always like having new members join in the social scene.

It already looks like the a2 bug has bitten cheers mike
Thanks Mike - thought the wheels on it were pretty standard which is why I've sourced some 17" TT 6 spokes to fill out the arches a bit more - I'll keep the original ones for winter.

S

Last edited:
As Steve says, Sport seats are Sport seats, whether they were fitted in an FSI or otherwise. Almost all A2s, whether they were based on the 1.4TDI, 1.4 petrol or 1.6FSI, were available in 'Sport' guise and therefore came with Sport seats. You could also buy an A2 in 'SE' guise but specify Sport seats as an add-on. You've probably seen Sport seats in FSIs more often than in other A2s because most people who bought an FSI (the fastest A2 available from factory) bought it in 'Sport' guise.

Both designs of seats (standard and Sport) were available covered in cloth or leather, with or without electric lumbar support, and with or without heating elements. As such, the most desirable seats are heated leather Sport seats with electric lumbar ...but they are rare and fetch big money.

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks for the guidance - I really like the chalk stripe cloth ones which I thought were only available in the FSI. Decisions decisions. Wont be until the end of the summer as I've prioritised referring some TT alloys and a steering wheel.

Simon

Back