Another new member/owner!

Adrian888

A2OC Donor
After many years intermittent Audi ownership and having often thought about an A2 I have finally done it! I will be collecting a Tdi Sport with 'roof and alcantara from Grimsby audi on Thursday. Next job to order the tuning box ( unfortunately its a 75bhp not a 90...) from DTUK which should give the engine a boost to @ 100 horses and then perhaps look at filter and de-cat exhaust systems if I still need more 'oomph'. I see one member on here has around 130 horses under the bonnet of his TDi....

Did anyone see the comment in Autocar the other week from one of their writers who thought the A2 the best sports car Audi have produced prior to the R8 and since the Ur Quattro?

Congratulations Adrian and welcome.

See how you get along with the standard performance first and if it's not enough, I'd urge you to investigate a proper custom remap instead of a plug in module.

At best, they are just a generic re-fuelling program which will give a little boost but at worst, they can ruin the engine completely.

I am the member you refer to with approaching 130bhp on tap - it's entertaining to say the least.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike

having spent the past year driving around in an A6 TDi 130 with a DTUK box upping it to @ 165 I KNOW the A2 as standard will be too slow!:eek: I have had many tuned diesels over the years including a 200bhp Astra.....now THATS enertainment!:D

I hear what you say about remaps and have looked on the Awesome site. I personally have never had any problems with boxes and the DTUK ones are TUV approved. In 21 years of diesel motoring I have never heard of anyone having an engine failure with a quality tuning box, I am aware there are some dodgy systems out there tho'.

thought i'd join in here as i recently sold a tuned 330d sport with 260bhp, 400lbs ft, i definately agree with the comment get it remapped (i use chipped uk) rather than a tuning box, iv'e done half a dozen diesels and the remap is usually more powerfull and smokes less.
funny thing i also read the autocar comment and that made my mind up our second car would be an a2!
good luck with the new car.

Collected the car yesterday! As with another new owner member posting here the buying experience with Grimsby Audi was very good. Driving home into the teeth of a gale with snow trhrown in for good measure was less so!

Preparation externally is superb, internally not good enough I realised as I drove it, marks on the trim which have wiped away with a damp cloth and dust and crumbs and dog hairs which I could have vacuumed away.

For a 75 bhp version I am very impressed with the performance and can't wait to get the tuning box installed, just waiting for a loom from Germany to connect the box from my A6. The skyroof is excellent, makes the car so much bigger feel inside. The only thing I would change if I could have specced my ideal car would be to 'swap' the alcantara upholstery ( lovely as it is ) for heated seats and the Bose sound system. Mine has Symphony but its not very good after my A6 set up.

The feature elsewhere on setting up the Symphony output doesn't work on mine.....are there any aftermarket speaker upgrades worth investigating?

Back