anti hijacking

Kaismummy

Hi
I remember reading a thread before i purchased my A2 a couple of weeks ago about the anti hijacking feature, How much does this cost at the dealers and is it only Audi that can activate it?

Thanks
Cheryl:D

Hi Cheryl, welcome to the A2oc
This feature can be activated by anyone with the expertise and a VagCom diagnostic tool. If you are within driving distance of the Manchester area, i'm sure our Tech Director, Skipton01 would be happy to help

Cheers Spike

Thank you Spike, I live in Leeds so Manchester is not that far and will give me an excuse to take Alfie (A2) on the motorway, at present he only goes about 5miles a day.:D
How do i get in touch with Skipton?

Thanks
Cheryl

Hi, it locks the doors when you travel over a given speed (10 mph I think), then unlocks them when you remove the key from the ignition, on the A2 you need someone who knows how to do it properly or the boot will not lock with the doors.
personally I like anti hijack locking because of the areas I drive through.

Hi,
if you have just bought your a2 my guess is that something will soon go wrong although i hope not but if it does then audi will do it for nothing while they have it in. Never understood why it isnt set at the factory as most people would want the feature enabled from scratch.
Don.

Hi,
if you have just bought your a2 my guess is that something will soon go wrong although i hope not but if it does then audi will do it for nothing while they have it in. Never understood why it isnt set at the factory as most people would want the feature enabled from scratch.
Don.
Not all Audi dealers know how to set it properly!

There has been an occasion in the past when I have told them how to code the car so that total closure happens, as opposed to leaving the boot open.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi,
Don.

That doesnt fill me with confidence that my A2 has been a sound buy if things are going to go wrong soon :eek:

Cheryl

Not all Audi dealers know how to set it properly!

There has been an occasion in the past when I have told them how to code the car so that total closure happens, as opposed to leaving the boot open.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Skipton01
Did you get the message i sent you yesterday? :cool:

Thanks cheryl

I had mine for 20 months, 42000 miles and apart from a faulty golvebox catch all I spent on it was servicing.

I had mine for 20 months, 42000 miles and apart from a faulty golvebox catch all I spent on it was servicing.

:D:D That i think i can cope with :D Alfie (my A2) breaking down i cant, But he is a good car and wont let me down im sure :cool:
Cheryl

Back