anti roll bar bushes-what do i buy?

cjscos

anti roll bar bushes-what do i buy?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have the old style anti roll bar and the plastic surrounds have come loose from the roll bar and rubber bushes .... the car is knocking now.

is there a modified bush i can buy to cure the problem without having to take the whole bar off and swaping for the newer one (an internet search claimed this can be done)

or is it a case of fitting a whole new roll bar from the later models and new bushes to go with them?

any help much appreciated. dont fancy lowering the subframe and misaligning everything.

cheers. thanks. was looking for that part number. vw man thought i was strange when he asked what i was doing!

just done the bush now. worked a treat and so easy to do too! but its still knocking when it bottoms out.

the links seem ok.

just done the bush now. worked a treat and so easy to do too! but its still knocking when it bottoms out.

the links seem ok.

Are you sure you centred it before tightening it up? There isn't anything for it to knock off once it's centred correctly.

i will double check tomo to make sure i have done it right. its stop the rattling but not the clunk and bang when i go through a hole or speed bump.

does it have to be cented perfectly?

Although the article listed tells you the bush to use it doesnt tell you how to stop the ARB from floating sidways and just relies on leaving the rust on the ARB to keep it in check.(!) This is dangerous and rather irresponsible advice to my mind. You need to find a way to prevent the bar moving sideways. I used jubilee clips and a couple of Koni shock plastic washers up against the large face of the bush to keep it in check and to prevent chafing of the bush against the Jubilee clip. Cheap and effective.

ok i will do that tomo, it was not as tight as fit as i thought if would be so it will prob be wise to do the above as you have said. cheers

I used those bushes and removed the old bushes and plastic sleeve. The ARB is very tight and I haven't had a problem since.

It would be worth checking to ensure that you tightened it sufficiently. The jubilee clips are also a good idea of nothing else works for you.

just has a look and the bar was not central causing it to bang on the bodywork when it bottoms out. fixed it now just need to get the clips to stop it moving again. the shocks are new so i thought it could not be them.....

thanks all:) for your help.

Back