Anti Roll bar links

• Thread starter D Johnstone
  • Start date
D

D Johnstone

Have had local garage in North Berwick diagnose off side failure of Anti roll bar link-audiA2 TDI 1.4 se 75 bhp reg july 2004 mileage 63000 chasis number WAUZZZ8Z24N023404-garage says need to replace both links and bar I think links only who is correct and where can I puchase spares -garage does not seem tyo have a clue?

Have had local garage in North Berwick diagnose off side failure of Anti roll bar link-audiA2 TDI 1.4 se 75 bhp reg july 2004 mileage 63000 chasis number WAUZZZ8Z24N023404-garage says need to replace both links and bar I think links only who is correct and where can I puchase spares -garage does not seem tyo have a clue?

There are two types of roll bar. If you have the early design with plastic sleeves under the bushes, Garages normally recommend the complete roll bar is replaced. This is not really necessary as many of our members have removed the plastic sleeves and fitted Polo bushes with the existing bar. If you have the new design then only the bushes need replacing. See link for more info
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8646&highlight=roll+bushes

Cheers Spike

Back