Anyone dyno'd his car?

trex

Hello.
I've just remapped my 1.4tdi75 at Revo last week. Forgot to ask for initial pre-flash power testing on the dyno before doing any work to the ECU. The guy told me that he'd worked before on a similar engine on a Polo, and that it had more HP than the official figures, which might explain our satisfaction with the car's performance.
Has anyone got a before/after dynograph? I've seen the "official" power and torque curves provided by Audi, but i'm curious if they're really correct.

I've relocated the next lines from another thread, it's my tunning day tale:

Did a little pre mapping test-drive loging and the guy noticed that the turbo was actually providing about 0.1bar above the required amount. He even thought that the car's software might have already have some modifications done, but i assured him that the two previous owners (two german ladies) were not the auto ECU chipping type. He also noticed that after 3000rpm, the ECU demanded less from the engine (don't recall if it was fueling or what parameter, wasn't paying attention to that one) resulting in the lack of power and "willingness" i was feeling.
After the remap there's a huge change, meaning that now it keeps on pulling right up to the red line, and the power band has also expanded in the lower than 2000 rpm area, meaning it starts to respond just a bit faster. The post mapping run showed that the boost remained almost in the same values, so no extra stress on the turbo is applied. Also to note, the boost level stays constant up to the red line, so in theory there is room for some more boost tweaking shananigans if ever need be.
I splurged and opted for the dyno test, and now i'm officially up to 107HP and 254NM torque. The power curve is almost linear between 2400 and 4000, so sportier up-shifting will always return me to a favorable power value.
During the 250km trip back i've discovered how fun third gear can be, being able to safely overtake and not feel like i have to pull out a whip for any response over 3000. At one moment i found myself grinning with no apparent reason other than the new found "war song" the engine sang when revving.

Attachments

• GRAFIC.jpg
    GRAFIC.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 354
I didn't get a dyno when I had my car re-mapped by Revo/AmD, but I remember they quoted me 105PS as a reliable power output from the 75PS engine - quite a big % gain when you think about it.

I thought it would be interesting to compare different remapping methods via power and torque graphs. I don't think anyone ever tried to take into consideration more than the gain and price of the whole operation when choosing the company and method they're going to go with.

The problem with road dynos is the inherent operator error, plus the transmission losses due to measurement taken at the tyres. IMHO they are useful when measuring before/after data, but not so accurate when taking an absolute value to compare to OEM figures.

Back