anything happening end June?

hi Bret i should be in a position very soon to update the calendar with forthcoming events. but if we haven't anything on we could I'm sure organise something where abouts are you going to be staying and i will get my thinking hat on. cheers mike

Coventry or Leeds, more likely Coventry. I'll probably have the tent with us.

Open to suggestions on this one, though entertainment for the 8-year-old would be good.

Then back down to Germany - looks likely that the yearly meet will be at the Hockenheimring. Date isn't firm yet.

Bret

If Coventry, then a social at Warwick Castle springs to mind. It's a fantastic place and will certainly occupy a full day and then maybe a traditional A2OC curry to end the evening with?

Cheers,

Mike

sounds like a plan is coming together--WARWICK CASTLE was on my to do list. maybe a weekend camp over--we need to re do the marshmallows.

What is happening at the end of June? World Cup!!! :)

England's initial group matches are 12th, 18th and 23rd June....so no we won't be doing anything between the 30th June & 4th July....:rolleyes::D

What is happening at the end of June? World Cup!!! :)

England's initial group matches are 12th, 18th and 23rd June....so no we won't be doing anything between the 30th June & 4th July....:rolleyes::D

What world cup is that then? Not the one with overpaid thugs who kick a bag of wind around a field and cry whenever anyone touches them?

;)

Cheers,

Mike

who said "if"?

right now, the ferry from Hoek van Holland to Harwich is €470, Calais-Dover comes to less than €70. Helsinki-Travemünde is around €700.

Flights would be €200 from Frankfurt and £150 for a car, so it looks justifiable. I need, though, a towbar and back-up for the tent + stuff, as three-up it will otherwise be pretty tight. Tent itself isn't much of a problem, but the fact that I'll be wanting *all* of my camera gear with me for the meet means a big bag + lights... and the horse-riding gear has to go somewhere, too.

Just how bad is the M25 these days? I'd like to do return relatively early, just wondering *how* early to avoid traffic around London...

Bret

If its June there are quite a few established car club events around Leeds/Yorkshire at that time. There is a classic car 'do' at harewood House on Fathers day (3rd Sunday in June) which might be somewhere for the members to meet and perhaps take a stand? there are also plenty of child friendly venues around the Leeds area such as Eureka! in Halifax and the Yorvik museum in York etc etc Leeds is a far better location then Coventry, but then i am biased!!

who said "if"?

right now, the ferry from Hoek van Holland to Harwich is €470, Calais-Dover comes to less than €70. Helsinki-Travemünde is around €700.

Flights would be €200 from Frankfurt and £150 for a car, so it looks justifiable. I need, though, a towbar and back-up for the tent + stuff, as three-up it will otherwise be pretty tight. Tent itself isn't much of a problem, but the fact that I'll be wanting *all* of my camera gear with me for the meet means a big bag + lights... and the horse-riding gear has to go somewhere, too.

Just how bad is the M25 these days? I'd like to do return relatively early, just wondering *how* early to avoid traffic around London...

Bret

Bret

I use the ferries all the time and have just been looking at the Hoek route as we have to come back to the UK for a wedding in Norfolk at end of June, but it is way too expensive and much cheaper even allowing for the extra travelling to come in via Dover. IMO the best ferry company in terms of best ferries, service and CHEAP are Norfolk line, would suit you better as well as it is from Dunkirk. For your dates with just a car you can do it for €43 return but add a trailer and it gets expensive.
As for the M25 it can be awful - I try and avoid between 6.30am to 10am and from 3pm to 7.30pm, Friday's are worse and the lightest day being Saturday and Sunday morning - sunday afternoon can be a pig as well - but it can be bad any time as it only takes one incident and it all goes pear shaped.

Hope that is some help

Cheers

Robin

Bret

I use the ferries all the time and have just been looking at the Hoek route as we have to come back to the UK for a wedding in Norfolk at end of June, but it is way too expensive and much cheaper even allowing for the extra travelling to come in via Dover. IMO the best ferry company in terms of best ferries, service and CHEAP are Norfolk line, would suit you better as well as it is from Dunkirk. For your dates with just a car you can do it for €43 return but add a trailer and it gets expensive.
As for the M25 it can be awful - I try and avoid between 6.30am to 10am and from 3pm to 7.30pm, Friday's are worse and the lightest day being Saturday and Sunday morning - sunday afternoon can be a pig as well - but it can be bad any time as it only takes one incident and it all goes pear shaped.

Hope that is some help

Cheers

Robin

Bret if you did decide to get a ferry and book Norfolkline, I have a discount code if you are interested but it is only valid until end of Jan. Just booked Dunkirk Dover in June for A2 + two adults £13 and that includes a fuel surcharge of £4.

that's rather good :)

I now get to create a route in Googlemaps for the wife....

If you are coming from Finland do you go via Stockholm or Tallin? We have fond memories of the Helsinki/Tallin crossing (the fast ferry we were catching started to sink :eek:). Either way it is a long drive

Check ryanair, my friend has just got return flights to billund for £50 all in for a family of 5! hire a car when you get here!

Hi
If everyone ends up going to warwick castle, I should be able to get a corporate rate to get in through work.

Adult ticket normally £17.95 with discount £11.95 saving of £6.00 30%

Kids £10 with discount £7.45 saving £2.55 %30

I hope this helps

David

nice one david i will give that some thought--looks like it is going to be a good day out. few things up in the air at the moment but should be able to confirm this soon cheers mike

Back