Are the blacked out pieces on a colour storm removable?

Not sure what they are called. I’m referring to the parts that are black on colour storm models in the centre of the rear bumper, on the side of the doors, and two pieces on the front bumper. Can they be removed to work on or are the fused (i.e. inseparable)?

I don't think that the pieces on the bumpers are removable at all however the ones on the doors of the standard A2 are, but they are held on with VHB tape and do not come off easily without bending them. I would not advise doing this as they are unlikely to go on again well.

I think where others have imitated the colour storm appearance they have masked around and painted these areas rather than removing them

Last edited:
The side door mouldings will bend out of shape if you try to remove them. If you are looking to re-paint them then masking them in situ would be the best way.

The only matt-black Storm parts that you can remove without damage are the rear wheel arches - which are also the most likely parts to have damaged paint.

Just looked at both my Storms and the black door rubbers are not painted. Therefore, if you are just fresh ing up the doors….. try a black dressing from Halfords ?

The side door mouldings will bend out of shape if you try to remove them. If you are looking to re-paint them then masking them in situ would be the best way.
I know you’ve done a lot with A2s Steve and I’ve always appreciated your advice but I’ve not had any issues taking the door mouldings off

Attachments

• 24882CEC-9CFD-4F4A-8909-2777131F28D2.jpeg
    24882CEC-9CFD-4F4A-8909-2777131F28D2.jpeg
    983 KB · Views: 113
Back