Audi A1 photos

i don't mind the look of the car, it seems to have lots of hints to other cars old Civic rear window, small slanting rear lights Alfa 147

It's a tough one, do they build a cheaper car and gain more share of the market, but lower the whole Audi brand? Or produce another high end small car, ensure brand quality but have fewer sales?

BMW did it, but it's not really the same as the Mini seems such a separate brand from BMW. Can anyone explain the appeal with having a Union flag or chequed flag on the roof? (sorry i just don't get the 60's throw back thing)

i think as ULP says, it will probably be based on the normal Polo chassis. Just like the little seat's and Skoda's i think

Those crazy Dutch!

The pictures are of a model - just look at the size of the tarmac grit!

If the finished car looks like that, Audi will become a laughing stock, the bloody thing looks like it's gone into the back of a bus, then been rear-ended by another one.

Absolutley bloody awful!

PS That was kind of my first impression of the Shooting Brake Concept, but I'm getting to quite like that now.

demo said:
do you still think the will retain the aluminum space frame on the new A1

New member, Mark.

No the new proposed car will be a traditional steel monocoque because of costs. The spaceframe was very expensive to produce, original sales plans were for 60,000 A2's per year. The reality was far fewer mainly because the A2 was percieved as being too expensive by potential customers. Still it was very brave and forward thinking of Audi to develop and take to market. The new TT I believe will be aluminium spaceframe (ASF IV?) but lets wait and see for the official confirmation.

A2 !.6 FSI Sport with lots of kit.

Back