Audi A1 Quattro For sale

I hope for the money, they at least bundle a center lock adapter! It'll be a bit of an issue calling the AA man for a puncture, "sorry sir, we haven't got a big enough torque wrench and the nut adapter to take your wheel off.."

Just read an amusing article in Autocar (Nov 28th) where they tested the A1 Quattro against a 542 bhp Nissan GT-R (with the Track Pack) on the handling circuit at MIRA.
It was wet, which may have been in the £41k Audi's favour but it blew away the £85k computer controlled AWD Nissan and was 4.5 sec per lap faster.
Not tried but it says Watch the video on the autocar.co.uk web site

Cheers Spike

damn its left hand drive, wont be able to buy it after all :)

Is't 5.7 seconds 0-62 quite slow considering the current fast audi line up?

In the wet was absolutely critical. I wouldn't be surprised the track pack GTR is on almost semi-slicks or cup tyres like MPSC. It is a little helpless on wet surface. If you're on the belgium motorway, which rains a lot, and see those GT3s/Elise/Exiges driving very very slowly that's because they're on R888/MPSC or similarly dry track tyres going to Spa/Nurburgring. They need to be this slow to keep the car stable even at motorway speed.

I was driving a Caterham R300 at Donington couple of weeks ago. There was an S-line 1.4TSI A1 (on road tyres I assume). The morning was wet and the Caterham was very tail happy, I could't get the tyres up to warm, the little water dispersion ability of a few barely road legal treads didn't help either. The little A1 passed me and took the Craners curve at very decent speed. Afternoon was dry, the A1 was still plenty fast but 180bhp/~500kg of the Caterham is a different animal when those CR500 rubber becomes sellotape sticky.

These days i dont know how anyone can afford a slightly interesting car what with fuel costs.
Everytine i go into an audi showroom im shocked at the screen prices
Maybe my tastes have gone mad or something but everything i look at in audi is around 30 k or north of it
Those evoques look nice but LR are having a laugh with the real world mpg and then the asking price for starters

Consider the M135i is a far better car to drive, with much more horse power and splendid noise. I think if I can get on the order queue for a 5-door M135i, I'd still be able to run it as it is only 188(175 auto)g/km CO2 class with a reported 30+ mpg in real world. And with plenty of change from £41k too. The only thing the A1 quattro has is exclusivity and I would be laughing at my rear view mirror where I can see it! (ok, may be not on a small wet track ;) )

Back