Audi A1 Sportback ...

DJ 190

A2OC Donor
I was in an Audi Dealership today ... I had time to kill ... The salesman used the Audi Configurator to "build" me an A1. So, it was a Sport 1.6 TDi in glacier white. Fine nappa leather, cruise control, front arm-rest, LED light package, Open sky panoramic roof, satellite navigation system, 4-seat option, dynamic suspension. The cost? Well, ONLY £22,105! Great news, though! Road Fund is ZERO! WHAT a saving! LOL!

For the amount a Polo can cost that doesn't sound bad, but then it makes a £10k A2 much more attractive :cool:

A similar specced A2 would probably have been north of £20k so not unduly surprised! However it shows the cost of options and how manufacturers make their profits these days. Was that before discounts...... ;) ?

A similar specced A2 would probably have been north of £20k so not unduly surprised! However it shows the cost of options and how manufacturers make their profits these days. Was that before discounts...... ;) ?

I did ask about "discounts" ..... this particular model is NOT discounted!

David

How long will I have to wait until I can buy it for ten grand??

depends on spec, but a relatively low spec one 2 to 2.5 years old I'd say.

Just bought an A1 1.6tdi sportback sport, a year old and under 6k miles for £14,850 (Private sale) - but it's got a lot of extra's, priced up on Audi's 'configerator' it would have been about £21k before discounts.....Gulp!

This one is literally in 'New' condition, in the right colour(s), with the right wheels and lots of toys though, and the free road tax and remaining four years of the five year service plan will soften the initial financial blow a little :)

Admittedly, you could buy a hell of a lot of car for £14,850 if buying older (or ford/vauxhall etc), but it's for my wife and 2 young children and she wanted something, small, funky and NOT a mini!

I love it myself, but an A2 is more practical to be fair

Last edited:
Back