Audi A2 Mass Air Flow Sensor

Jcashmore

Hi All, I had my 1.4TDI 75 chipped about 2 months ago. Not a daily driver but it was running fine until the last week. Now it doesn’t accelerate through any gears as fast as it should do. If I turn the engine off and restart it - it runs just fine again. I’m thinking it’s the MAF. Questions - where is it? I read cleaning it with air may resolve the problem, if not where can I buy a new one? I assume they’re Bosch? Thanks

I am thinking you want to carefully check your intercooler for end cap splitting and a pushed out o ring.

It's transpires the recent Remap didn't work out as intended...Form my garage "Found when the vehicle hot 60 degrees temp, the turbo boost asked for 97%. The vehicle in unable to make this boost and therefore cuts the turbo". Anyone know how I can get ECU reverted back to the original state? Based in Surrey/SW London.

Still say check the intercooler. Depending on what you find there will open up more options.

The MAP sensor is actually attached to the inter cooler on the 75 tdi. The MAF sensor is part of the large black plastic air pipe which runs along the top left hand side of the engine and down into the airfilter box. If you intend to replace the MAP sensor it's best to check the inter cooler first as Graham has suggested. I would always use genuine Audi sensors as you buy cheap once and generally pay twice.

Last edited:
Many thanks - I asked the garage to check the intercooler, MAF sensor and all seemed in order.
This was their response:
Diagnostics or Investigation Inc Scan 1 Hour investigate air mass meter fault? has been mapped, since then there is a dull spot at 3000rpm. ignition cycle takes it out of limp mode. Transmission light came on this morning.
Checked and found vacuum hose off, refitted. Carried out road test with live data. Found when the vehicle hit 60 degrees temp the turbo boost asked for was 97%. The vehicle is unable to make this boost and therefore cuts the turbo. This is purely a mapping issue and requires a change of software to fix the fault.

Back