Audi A2 Tow Bar

Hollzy

Now, I know that the a2 is theoretically not rated for towing in UK. But is it in europe? And does that mean that if you manage to fit one, that you can't use it? I don't know how these things work. I assume if it breaks then it won't be covered by your insurance.

My a2 has unbraked towing limit of 530kg and braked 1000kg. In the audi manual it has information about the tow bar so are Audi able to source and fit one? I was just curious, comes in handy for glider trailer towing.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/A/audi/a200-/a200--ownerreport-3.html?noforward=true - here the writer managed to price one up for £400, so it must be possible? Ci?

Look forward to any responces

Holly

yep, you can buy a towbar for it (a very nice detachable) and ofcourse you can use it

a lot of people use it to put the bike carier on it. and on the german forum there a lots of how to fit manuals arround

I had one fitted recently - It cost me just shy of £600. I would recommend ringing around as some Audi dealers will not even consider fitting one. I had mine fitted by Swindon Audi and it took 2 techs the whole day to fit it!

So far I have been using it for a bike carrier and unbraked trailer :)

Back