Audi AVS Service - What is included

Pugliese

A2OC Donor
Arranged an AVS service at my local Audi garage and they quoted £249 inc vat with the proviso that if I needed a pollen filter that would be extra.

The bill came to £279.24. I queried the amount and recieved the reply below

With regards service costs, the service was £249, but there was also a 1 litre oil top up pack in the boot and the vehicle had grease and Audi fuel treatment added which affected the costs. If this is not agreeable with you I can arrange a refund by cheque for £30.24.

Grease an extra???? What has been other members experience?

well to me a quote is a Quote,not an estimate.

All garages try it on with the fuel treatment,depends if they asked if you wanted it.
My gripe is when they charge for screenwash :mad:
anyway,Grease lol what are they like:eek:

The fact they are ready to offer a refund suggests they know they are on a sticky wicket. When will the car industry ever learn?! I am sure it is not only Audi who try that sort of trick.

This is classic main dealer service. Top money for mediocre service. A good independent is not only cheaper on the initial quote but more comprehensive on the service too.

From my experience Mercedes are champions at this sort of behaviour.

Sadly I suspect the majority of cars they service are company vehicles and these customers actually expect the washers to be topped up and spare screenwash and oil to be left in the boot. Most customers also expect a full vallet - something which I personally detest. I don't take my car to Audi very often but last time it was in for an aircon re-gas, I sat around waiting an extra hour while they got round to washing my already clean car. Seems everyone has a different take on customer service.

Regarding the 'extras' I'd happily pay for the fuel treatment, question what they actually greased (I can only think of the door check straps and exposed bits of the handbrake cable which equates to a teaspoon full) return the oil and politely request the appropiate refund.
Staying friendly with your dealer has more benefits than getting nasty and falling out with them.

Cheers Spike

Back