Audi Driver Awards (Evening)

Skipton01

Admin Team
As August has snuck up on us again, it's time for me to put out feelers for the numbers wanting to attend the annual awards dinner at Swindon Hilton.

The information (a little out of date it seems) can be found here:

http://www.autometrix.co.uk/audidriverint08/galadinner.htm

The cost of the event is around £35 per head (I say around as there is no up to date info yet, but this was the price last year).

As usual, can those interested put themselves on the attendees list on the calendar and if you want to come to the meal and awards event, please PM me.

Cheers,

Mike

Di and I intend to make it a hat-trick all being well Mike.

Can I ask if you are taking a lead once again in collecting cheques and acting as chief liaison with autometrix re: confirmed numbers?

Thanks.

Darren

Absolutely Darren - I'll do the leg work on this one again.

The tables are arranged in groups of 10, so ideally, we need 10 members, no more, no less, to make up another award winning gathering (fingers crossed).

I'll be on my own this year though, so there'll be room for another one!

No need for payment just yet - I need a firm idea of numbers first, the payment will then come before mid-September.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, as you'll see from the calendar, I will be there :)

PS: May be worth linking this thread to the existing one for the event ;)

No need for payment just yet - I need a firm idea of numbers first, the payment will then come before mid-September.

Cheers,

Mike

Ooh, go on then! I'd better try and book the hotel this year, instead of leaving it until the day before and being disappointed!

Al

Well i'm putting my name down just to save a place.

thats day and evening, but i think i'm doing the long drive down on the saturday morning to meet up at the car park (if thats going to be the meeting point again)

Phil

Same here - 5.30am start to get to the car park for 8.30am for me

Got a little mod planned for this year too - no details yet in case it doesn't come off!

Cheers,

Mike

Looks like your closer than me i think the last time i checked sat nav 4 1/2 hrs but will check closer to the date.

How did you book you room this time Mike? direct as i've found them to be very expensive this year, but looking on line and you can't seem to add the breakfast on the other sites

Phil

Is the mod to yours

PS just checked the Hilton prices they've come down since i checked earlier this year £71 for B&B which i didn't think was that bad

Last edited:
Mod is to Tank - bodywork, that's all I'm saying.

I booked the Hilton on their website - prices have gone up a little since last year, but are not bad and do include breakfast if you get the right rate.

I see from the Autometrix website that their prices are a little more than booking direct, for couples at least, and the single track session price has increased too, making me think twice about taking Tank out this year (still no job!), but over all, it's a cracking day out, especially if the weather holds.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers Mike thought you'd fel asleep there for a minute seen you was relying at 1/4 past, so i'm waiting and waiting goes to log off and up you pop

Phil

Mod is to Tank - bodywork, that's all I'm saying.

Hmmmm! Most intriguing and enigmatic?:confused: We shall have to wait and see won't we Mr. Hill!

Thats me booked up at the Hilton. Was £73 for a family room inc. B&B which is fine methinks. We are heading down on the Friday and staying with family in Swindon I think. See you all on Saturday 10th Oct!! :D

Well thats it i'm booked in now just for the saturday night, early start for me, When do you want the cheque Mike ? is it still the same as last year £35?

Phil

Back