Autochanger problem

ICowie

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Hi Folks,

My partner recently purchased a 1.4 Tdi sport with a factory fitted CD autochanger in the boot. I loaded it up with some CD's and low and behold it worked or so I thought until I tried to change the CD via the headunit. It seems to be stuck on CD 5, no matter what or how I press the buttons nothing seems to make any odds. I tried unplugging the wire at the changer to see if it would magically reset but this didn't work either.

So wondered if anyone else has had this problem and how they went about to resolve it?

Many thanks,
Iain

Hi Folks,

My partner recently purchased a 1.4 Tdi sport with a factory fitted CD autochanger in the boot. I loaded it up with some CD's and low and behold it worked or so I thought until I tried to change the CD via the headunit. It seems to be stuck on CD 5, no matter what or how I press the buttons nothing seems to make any odds. I tried unplugging the wire at the changer to see if it would magically reset but this didn't work either.

So wondered if anyone else has had this problem and how they went about to resolve it?

Many thanks,
Iain
Check the connections at the changer and radio.
Remove the facia from the radio and clean the connector at both facia and radio, before replacing the facia.
My guess is that the button press is not getting to the radio, to initiate the change of disc, rather than the changer being faulty.
Mac.

Last edited:
What head unit is it? If it’s similar to (or is) a chorus, then the same buttons to select the disks also selects the presets when in radio mode.

If this is the case, does this functionality work as it should?

What happens if you unload the cassette and only put a couple of discs in? The system should select disc 1
I think it says no disc as there was a CD in the cassette but it didn't play then when I filled the cassette it played disc 5 but wouldn't select another disc.

Check the connections at the changer and radio.
Remove the facia from the radio and clean the connector at both facia and radio, before replacing the facia.
My guess is that the button press is not getting to the radio, to initiate the change of disc, rather than the changer being faulty.
Mac.
I've pulled the buttons out and sprayed everything with electrical cleaner making sure it was all working correctly but it hasn't made any difference but as dj_efk says the radio preset buttons are working as they should so it looking like the headunit (Chorus) is working like it should.

Back