Automatic Locking

Wibber

Not sure if many other A2 owners on here have done this, but I went along to my mate's garage the other morning (www.voodoomotorsport.com) and after playing around on his VAG COM for a while, managed to set the locking on the car to lock itself when going over 10mph.

This is to stop car-jacking at traffic lights, etc. The locks then open when you switch off the engine and remove the key. In the event of a crash, the car has a system in place where the locks open on harsh impact, meaning that you aren't in danger of locking yourself in the car after a crash.

My mate at Voodoo is willing to offer this service to other A2 owners on the forum for £25. Just mention you are from the A2 Owners Club and he will sort you out.

For the record, he can also do it for all other Audi's (VW's, Skoda's and Seat's) that support the feature.

Hello Wibber,

This is a well known feature of the A2 and is sometimes referred to as anti-hijack locking, or speed related central locking.

Whilst it is kind of your mate to offer this service, his price is most unkind. The standard offer to club members is £10 for a full scan and any coding required, or merely a donation to club funds at socials.

There are many VAG-COM equipped members (myself included) who will not charge anywhere near this fee, and also know how to use the full feature list of the software too.

For instance, when you are centrally locked, at the traffic lights, get someone to open your boot. Following standard coding will still allow for this, so you're not as safe as you imagine. If you want to know how to lock the boot as well, I can code it for you for £25!!;)

Cheers,

Mike

Well, to be honest, my mate didn't have a clue what a realistic figure for the servcie would be, so not surprised to hear that it is a bit off the mark.

Just thought I would communicate it to the other forum members, but I did think most owners would already know of it and that there would be many members with VAG COM who can do it themselves.

I'll get my coat...

Back