Autotrader Used Car Awards

ajay73

Anyone watching this on ITV4 at the moment? Audi A2 won the 1st award, Best SuperMini. Beat the Smart Car and don't know the other.

Just tuned in - great news.

However, just seen a chap from the Rover75 Owners Club collecting the Award for their accolade: 'Best Family Car', so who collected our award?

Cheers,

Mike

I did Ian yes.

They probably didn't have me at the awards because I'm an ITV employee, so in the light of recent frauds and 'scandals', they thought it wiser not to have an employee collecting an award.

It'd be nice to be sent it in the post though.

The show is repeated on Saturday at about 6pm-ish.

Cheers,

Mike

Yes it is repeated on Saturday at 6pm, just found this on the Autotrader website:

"The Auto Trader Used Car Awards are broadcast tonight at 7pm on ITV4 and repeated on Saturday at 6pm."

Also:

Category: Best Supermini (sponsored by AA Car Data Check)

Audi A2 (Produced 2000-2005)

Though not as best-selling as the equivalent Mercedes, on its launch the Audi A2 was considered to be ‘ahead of its time’, utilising aluminium construction to save weight – and the panel recognised this, awarding the A2 as the best supermini.

HTH

It beat the Mini One and Smart For Two.

Don't know who's A2 was used in the filming but it was a stunner!
Red leather, Open Sky, 17" alloys and A5/R8 style LED side lights around the headlights.

Can't remember who collected the award though!

As a side issue, I quite agree with the Rover 75 as being the best family car, though I prefer the MG ZT, the 75 is a little staid.

One of my colleagues has recently bought a 75 cdti with the BMW diesel engine. He really fancied an X-Type Jag but after driving both the X type and S type he decided that the Rover was in a different class both for build quality, ride and value for money........

It beat the Mini One and Smart For Two.

Don't know who's A2 was used in the filming but it was a stunner!
Red leather, Open Sky, 17" alloys and A5/R8 style LED side lights around the headlights.

That was Mike's car (Skipton) ;)

I have V+'d the repeat on Saturday so as to not miss it :)

WOW What a Result for the A2 ...
Has anyone got a DVD recorder , im sure lots of members would pay
for this on a DVD me included donations to the A2OC ....Anyone ????

Ive been meaning to ask you Mike how the Hillclimb went i think
where going to need a bigger trophy cabinet LOL !!!!

Last edited:
I'll be recording it on Saturday and can do an edited dvd (minus adverts) if anyone wants a copy.

I really want to know who collected the award though. It p1sses me off to think that they (the program makers) contacted us through the Owners Club to ask for a car and to express our thoughts and feelings on the car, only to snub us for the actual award ceremony.

I can understand that I wasn't invited, as I'm an ITV employee and after the recent 'scandals' it wouldn't look too good if an employee won an award!

However, why not ask other co-owners to attend? If it turns out that Audi collected the award, that's the icing on the cake:

They (Audi UK) never really embraced the A2 and always looked on it as a cheap entry point to the range. Now that the model has been deleted, they've really washed their hands of it and we are just about the only group offering support for the car. We know what a great car it is and perhaps if Audi hadn't been so stupid, they'd now have a roaring success on their hands.

How ironic that Audi are still struggling, desperate to make a car that rivals the BMW Mini. Little did they realise that they already made it and then binned it!

For them to accept and keep the award would be dishonest and unjust.

Rant over!

Mike

They (Audi UK) never really embraced the A2 and always looked on it as a cheap entry point to the range. Now that the model has been deleted, they've really washed their hands of it and we are just about the only group offering support for the car. We know what a great car it is and perhaps if Audi hadn't been so stupid, they'd now have a roaring success on their hands.

How ironic that Audi are still struggling, desperate to make a car that rivals the BMW Mini. Little did they realise that they already made it and then binned it!

Mike

Ironic indeed Mike - well put!! :p

well mike they used your car, it looked its usual great self, thought they could have showed a little more of the features, and then audi went and robbed the award!
And the guy showed no degree of embarassment
gits!
I can see a bit of a campaign here
Glen

Damn,
Just missed it. Tuned in when the rx8 was on.

If anyone records it could they upload it to youtube? please.....:)

Back