Back with a bang...

Darren C

A2OC Donor
Greetings all,

Not so much of an introduction per se, but more of a firework bonanza (for me). As of close of business yesterday, I am officially rejoining the ranks of A2 ownership. ;)

Some of you have already picked up my not-so-subtle comments, http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?29536-My-Holy-Grail-Fsi-Has-A, and I am delighted to say that Jeff's former pride of place will now adorn my mantel in the same way.

Some of you already know of the car, which is an honest and genuine low mileage example. It is in absolutely fantastic condition, yet still shows minimal signs of age, which only serve to reinforce its integrity and honest origins. The car mirrors the fastidiousness and attention to detail mind of the current owner, Jeff, who has succeeded to transform a very good A2 into a great A2.

Jeff is a gentleman and it was a pleasure to meet the man with whom I had been corresponding with since around midnight Sunday morning of last week. No question was too much trouble and Jeff enthusiastically and proudly attached photographs and documents on demand to satisfy my questions and curiosities. A very sincere man, selling a very sincere A2; what was not to like.

On a final note to Jeff; I will do my upmost to build on your achievements; in the recognition that you have set a very high bench. Looking forward to taking formal ownership next Saturday and catching up with one of the good guys in the process.

Just in case there is any doubt;

I am now home; both car and forum.

Happy motoring all.

Darren

welcome back darren :)

thats a cracking a2 youve got and looks like you wont need to do much to it either! well maybe some mods lol

i could sell you back your items ;)

all joking aside, its good that your back and hopefully our paths will cross someday likewise for other members too! this has hindered me as a longterm member now as ive only met three people via the forum only because of buying on the marketplace :(

cammy

Thanks guys. Yes, Cammy mate, very happy to be back (a tad obvious that one :)) and happy with my decision to secure another A2; and a great example to boot. Looking forward to future opportunities to meet up and meet some of the wider group too.

P.S. Now looking for roof bars, a roof box... ;)

Thanks Sarge; good to see that you have remained an active member and have 'one or two' A2s in the household still... ;)

I remember when you joined well and your heart warming story - Shoby car; made a lasting impression.

Look forward to catching up with you in person in due course.

Jeff, If i offered the same money as Darren C and a years supply of Bananas, would you be interested in my Gazumping offer?

Just imagine... Two awesome yellow Audi's on the drive and all those lovely Bananas for breakfast, dinner & tea!

Well, what a great day; I am finally, and officially, back as an owner of an A2.

The happy owner and glorious A2
D459CE8B-B405-4F4C-AA45-EA840A6B5445.jpeg

The handover – a silky smooth affair
With Jeff paying a visit to A2 cars today to collect his yellow Storm, it was the perfect fit for a drop off pit-stop en route. Jeff arrived at around 09:30 following a more satellite navigation friendly jaunt than I was offered when viewing a week earlier. Thanks Mazda 6.

It was great to see Jeff again; a sincere, genuine man with a wicked sense of humour.

The A2 was impeccably presented - stunning; a testament to Jeff, who even arrived with his bottle of detailer and microfiber cloth, just in case; #attention to detail.

The transaction was facilitated by my wife Diane’s bacon butties; thanks Di. Di also briefed Jeff on our last A2OC social in 2009 at ADI. A cold day, as is the norm for this event, and a very pregnant wife who had been ‘dragged along’ by her A2 fanatic husband. Sorry Di. :eek:

With the purchase finalised, it was time to head over to A2 Cars to have breakfast; a light breakfast for Jeff and a coffee for me.

Jeff’s A2 Storm is an awesome specimen; a real head-turner and another excellent example; befitting of its fastidious owner.

It was a good way for me to round off becoming an owner again; top company from Jeff, Tony and Petra.

First impressions :cool:
The A2 looks magnificent in its gleaming Cobalt Blue coachwork. Virtually blemish free the condition defies its 12 years of youthful age. Simply beautiful in the flesh; deep, rich and vibrant - it suits the lines of the car perfectly – an executive hue.

The interior condition mirrors the external fascia; a lovely two tone affair which is airy and bright. It is excellently presented with a fully serviced and working open sky system – silent and smooth. An abundance of toys and the heated leather compliment the vehicle further.

The FSI is a joy. Yes, it lacks the diesel turbo punch, but it has plenty of low down torque and pulls strong across the range. It is also super quiet at idle and marries well with the A2. An underrated little gem, perhaps due to the brilliance of the 3 pot and it’s delicately balanced internals.

Overall
A first class example sold by a first class gent and true A2 enthusiast; the perfect pairing. I have a great car which I will cherish going forward. I am an OCD car owner and I know it. Add in the love affair that I have with our excellent aluminium friend and I have found my forever keeper.

Now to start adding my name to the history books of this great car with a mod or two and a bit more elbow grease; aka waxing. Add in a profile and signature change on these pages too.

Thanks Jeff and thanks A2OC for a warm welcome back.:D

Darren

Back