Basic DIS: Check Control Button

Modecorp

A2OC Donor
I’m not getting any warning lights in the dials, but when I press the check control button next to the speedo (I have the very base level DIS so no stalk button), it cycles through around 6 things I believe.

DIS symbols for brake pads, oil and temperature (coolant) all feature in red, whilst fuel is green (its half full), and I cant remember what the fifth one was but it was also green.

Do those red symbols mean there’s a problem Even though nothing is flagging anywhere on the dash and Im getting the OK symbol on startup? Pads probably need changing but there seems to be plenty of coolant and she’s not overheating.

Im confused and the handbook is woefully vague.

I’m not getting any warning lights in the dials, but when I press the check control button next to the speedo (I have the very base level DIS so no stalk button), it cycles through around 6 things I believe.

DIS symbols for brake pads, oil and temperature (coolant) all feature in red, whilst fuel is green (its half full), and I cant remember what the fifth one was but it was also green.

Do those red symbols mean there’s a problem Even though nothing is flagging anywhere on the dash and Im getting the OK symbol on startup? Pads probably need changing but there seems to be plenty of coolant and she’s not overheating.

Im confused and the handbook is woefully vague.
Only a guess, but I'd think what you see when you press the button, is a test of each display, legend, to show they are working.
If there was a fault, the appropriate legend would come on by itself.
Mac.

So the fact they were displayed as red and the fuel etc green make no difference - they just display what a warning light looks like and that if it comes on within the dials area you have an issue?

Tom, When will you be back around home please ?

Steve U
Hi Steve,

See here… :)

Cheers,

Tom

Back