Battery

AndyDP

Not had my A2 long, but I absolutely love it, been over it with a fine tooth comb and it just is brilliant.
One question..... why is the battery so big? I saw a replacement one in halfords for a £100! Don't need one yet but the car is 5 years old, and you never know!

Andy

1.4 Sport Petrol, Azure Blue, open sky - looks stunning on the 17" alloys!

Cheers

It normaly does not need to be so big for a petrol. But the Audi A2 has a pure electicle powered power-stearing and that is the why!
Then you have lots of electricle things in there as there are ABS/ESP/ASR/EDC...

You could buy a cheaper 74Ah Battery.

just to add to what erstens put, because the battery is in the boot and the engine in the front to start it it takes alot of power down them long cables

Cheers Phil

Hi Andy
My TDi is coming up to 7 years old and I keep thinking the battery must give up fairly soon. I have been looking at Varta batteries as they are original equipment so the overall dimensions, terminal positions and clamping arrangement will match exactly. With Halfords or or other brands its possible all the features don't match up and fitting can be compromised. I have not checked the prices yet though!!!!!
http://www.varta-automotive.com/index2.php?p=6&s=1&content=batteriesuche/searchApplication.html

Cheers Spike

I wouldn't worry about the age of the battery, it's the type of journeys you do that counts, our old style Seat Toledo had over 100k on the clock and was 10 years old and still had the original battery in, I know for fact as we had it from 10 months old.
Mike

i agree its journeys that impact
i had an audi 80 for 8 years bought it 3 years old with 30k on clock sold it with 183k on clock never replaced the battery!
reminds me of an austin maxi i bough of a friend for £250, he had it from new and i bought it when it 13 years old, when he gave it me he said he was gutted that he had had to replace the original battery the week before!
cheers

Back