Being 'Stealthed' on Wednesday.......

true-blue

Well my Tdi 75 is, what's my drive home to bristol likely to be like ? :D

Do they do a rolling road pre/post power run?

Do they map live on the rollers?

Cheers.

They do a pre map check; this is to check you A2 is OK prior to it being remapped.

If ok the its to the rolling road for a power run; then the magic begins.

Your A2 will be given a new map and and power run and its this map that is adjusted to suit your needs, albeit more bhp or more mpg.

Most of us have got better mpg when driven gently as a resault of more bhp. We have achieved just over 77mpg.

To/from Bristol

I would head: -
Bristol
A420
A46
A433
A429 - Halford
B4455
A425 - Ufton
A423

Being Bristol based this is the route I took its a good 2.5 hours or you could use the motorways.

You will not beleive how much of a differance it is, power it just pulls all the way through to the red. You will not be disapointed

Cheers Phil

Excellent,

the only thing I'm not 100% certain of is that the previous owner didn't have the car mapped. It's probably unlikely as she was a middle aged woman and said she didn't know what I meant when I asked her the question.

It's just that the car already seems 'nippy' and doesn't exactly die at 4000rpm - although I wouldn't say it pulls hard to the red line. It certainly feels like it's got more than 75bhp under the bonnet, but that might just be the effect of the torque.

My mapped A4 2.0tdi has a very smooth torque curve and it feels almost like a fast petrol under full acceleration, very smooth no lag. The A2 doesn't feel like this but has a bit of a torque spike, not disimiar to a 1.8t VAG petrol engine running a Revo map - probably feels faster than it is.

I recommend taking a good book / magazine to read, as they will take a while to get your A2 sorted - although Stealth do have quite a few car modification mags to read. There is also both a cafe and chip shop in Southam which is within walking distance. Make sure you enjoy the new power and free-revving on the way home - you will be surprised how quickly you get used to it and it becomes the new 'norm'. :)

Yes mine felt nippy and it was 81bhp (not 75), so yours maybe a bit up from std but wait till its remapped it just drives so much different. on the way down i was over taking stuff lorry etc... and thought it was ok did the job, but afterwards what a differance you do the same thing and before you know it you've past it and up the road, with abig grin on your face

Cheers Phil

Thanks for that,

I'm getting there for 9.00 and they reackon I'll be away by 1.00, so about four hours to kill.

Got a couple of magazines and a book, but may take a wander down to the cafe for a mocha:)

Don't suppose they've got WiFi have they, could take my laptop:)

Back