Black roof ?

A matte black roof was standard on all 'Colour Storm' models. Obviously, black A2s also have a black roof!!

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks, I ask cos I've seen a red SE advertised which has a black roof (it's not a colour storm) and I was curious if it was original. The car also has red seat inserts, and the front inspection hatch painted red too.

Last edited:
Bear in mind that the OpenSky roof appears black in most photos, so this might account for it. If the inspection flap is red, this has been painted by the owner, or at the owners request.

The red seat inserts could be ColourStorm seats, or they might be a custom re-trim. Either way is as good as the other.

However, as there appears to be so much that is non-standard, pay particular attention to the authenticity of the vehicle and check the visible VIN in the windscreen, as well as the one stamped on the chassis plate behind the handbrake (just pull out the little storage compartment).

Cheers,

Mike

i saw that car, thought it was a sport but it's an se, and a bit pricey if it's the one in auto trader?

it looks a nice car, just the sort i'm looking for but too dear(by 500 to a grand)for the year i reckon?

Brilliant bit of detective work there, thank you very much.

You could probably extrapolate that further ... why would they paint out the other black areas? ... probably cos it was the easiest way to paint it after accident damage or some such. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Great forum this!

JH

The car looks vulgar with the painted inspection flap.

We spoke about slatted or smooth earlier in the week. Either are preferable to that!

I suppose it could be replaced easily enough if the price on the car was right.

I quite like colour storms. Don't see the point in painting over the black bits.

Back