blackening your trim

Marco77

My diy interior retrim project;) update

Hi folks

Just been thinking about doing this little project to the car similarly found in the Golf Anniversary where instead of grey interior trim its all black (sure the TT is the same).

Has anyone done this?? I've purchsed an new Black dye in aerosol form to do the A B C pillars. And as the headcloth is a little on the big side i was looking into retrimming it in Black Faux suede.

As for the grab handles etc i was going to spray black although i dont really want to spray the interior light surround black as you wouldn't see the icons on it, but was wondering if the Audi TT had the same ones in Black?

I personally think this mod will transform my A2 as i already have the Black interior.

Last edited:
Interior trim Update

Well i finally got round to starting this as i was supposed to get help from my Panel beater friend to strip the interior he let me down so i started on my own.

I purchased about 4 metres x 160cm of Black Faux Suede from a local Fabric shop cost around £24.

I already bought Black dye but scrapped this idea as i would have needed about 6 cans at £7 a pop just for the headcloth and pillars.

So first up i retrimed the A pillars and D pillars as my B & C were already Black.

Then i set about spraying the interior panels (lights handles etc) satin black how ever i have hit a brick wall with regards to the Sunvisors. So im trying to source a salvage TT as they have Black sunvisors and i hope they fit.

The headcloth is a bit awkward where the main interior light section bulges so now a section will need to be cut and stitched (my mum was a machinest) so as my car is red i think Red stitching would work nicely.

Anyway heres the pics of what i've done so far

DSC00588Small.jpg

DSC00589Small.jpg

DSC00590Small.jpg

well folks finally got round to finishing off the headcloth and i can say im pleased with the results (for being a complete amateur anyway). Although there are a few littke creases due to the headcloth being so curved with a few twisty bits but overall happy.

I think it competely changes the interior let me know what you think.

DSC00617Small.jpg

Fancy red stitching ;)
DSC00619Small.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Marco! You now have a black interior, just like me, although I used the factory parts.

When you have a black lower half, the black top part just finishes everything off and ties things in nicely.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike i didn't actually realise that the A2 came with black upper parts i might have just ordered them as it would have been a lot easier:D

Back