Bluetooth plug and play connection A2

carlosfandango

Hello folks, I’m sure this has been covered before but I’m guessing worth a repost?
Did a fair amount of searching / googling to find an easy way to connect my phone to the superbly sounding Concert 2 CD player that’s in my car. I had mixed responses from mates - some of who said it wasn’t possible, some who just drew breath through their teeth in the way a plumber would on a job at 5.25pm of a Friday..

Anyway, I chanced this -

Bluetooth Audio Interface 8pin Mini ISO for AUDI: Chorus 2, Concert 2, Symphony 1/2, Navigation Plus 1/2, RNS-D - - - - VW: MCD, MFD, Gamma 5 https://amzn.eu/d/16rMxwH

It totally worked and I’d highly recommend it. Came with the tools to remove the stereo and while the video it suggested as an install was for another car (golf I think) it was fairly simple as an installation.
If there’s any questions, I’ll try to answer them (I ain’t no pro!) but I’m very happy to be able to listen to music stream from the phone through the OEM system installed.

CFD

I had one delivered today, it connected to my phone once then it got red hot and then wouldn't connect to bluetooth. I didn't even get chance to try actually playing anything through it. Its going back tomorrow. It looked identical to the one linked above but was only £20, I wonder if it was a cheaper copy or I just got a bad one.

Hello folks, I’m sure this has been covered before but I’m guessing worth a repost?
Did a fair amount of searching / googling to find an easy way to connect my phone to the superbly sounding Concert 2 CD player that’s in my car. I had mixed responses from mates - some of who said it wasn’t possible, some who just drew breath through their teeth in the way a plumber would on a job at 5.25pm of a Friday..

Anyway, I chanced this -

Bluetooth Audio Interface 8pin Mini ISO for AUDI: Chorus 2, Concert 2, Symphony 1/2, Navigation Plus 1/2, RNS-D - - - - VW: MCD, MFD, Gamma 5 https://amzn.eu/d/16rMxwH

It totally worked and I’d highly recommend it. Came with the tools to remove the stereo and while the video it suggested as an install was for another car (golf I think) it was fairly simple as an installation.
If there’s any questions, I’ll try to answer them (I ain’t no pro!) but I’m very happy to be able to listen to music stream from the phone through the OEM system installed.

CFD
What channel did it play through on the headunit?

What channel did it play through on the headunit?
Basically it plays through what it thinks is the multi disc selection. So, when you press CD it plays a disc, but when you press that button again it selects the multi disc function. The display shows that, but it’s playing the Bluetooth signal from the device. Hope that helps.

CFD

Ah. That sounds like you have to press "CD" twice then. I have this adapter from a different supplier who gave absolutely no instructions what so ever. I'm currently running an FM Bluetooth dongle in the 12v socket. It actually works well but isn't what you would call an integrated solution. Thanks again.

Back