Bodged asv clip

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
Can anyone shed light of what should be there and also confirm this is correct part attached. Seems to have an electric connector on the back. Think it's the asv. It's on my atl 90 bhp
20210811_130123.jpg

Yes it is the ASV
Pipe should be attached with the wire c clip only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone shed light of what should be there and also confirm this is correct part attached. Seems to have an electric connector on the back. Think it's the asv. It's on my atl 90 bhp View attachment 84128
Yes, that is the ASV and they've used a zip tie to secure the breather to it for some reason

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Is this metal end sleeve required on my car? Maybe this is missing? Sorry still need bit of help with piecing it all together

My tdi90 is the same. The clip loses its spring and moves. The lugs on the hose attachment wear, and you end up with an air leak. The proper fix is to replace both the hose attachment and the clip. I will do this as soon as I can get hold of the bits meanwhile the cable tie bodge is working perfectly well.

Is this metal end sleeve required on my car? Maybe this is missing? Sorry still need bit of help with piecing it all together
It is difficult to tell from your pic but the metal sleeve does ‘wiggles a little when fitted correctly (at least it does on mine) the rubber is I think bonded to the metal sleeve and seems to be in place on yours. Perhaps the previous owner did not like the fact that it did wiggle a little and tried to stop it, otherwise you fittings seem to be correct (apart from the plastic ties)
Geoff

The O ring on the end of the metal sleeve seals the air, it can wear or harden and no longer seal properly. The spring clip holds the metal coupling into the ASV. If I remember the coupling opens up the spring as you push it in and then clicks down behind the lugs to lock the pipe in place.

It is difficult to tell from your pic but the metal sleeve does ‘wiggles a little when fitted correctly (at least it does on mine) the rubber is I think bonded to the metal sleeve and seems to be in place on yours. Perhaps the previous owner did not like the fact that it did wiggle a little and tried to stop it, otherwise you fittings seem to be correct (apart from the plastic ties)
Geoff
Great thanks. Maybe they got error and thought it was leaking air. Feeling confident having read your post on repair. I will take it off and have a clean and inspection.

That's correct and there will be a little movement there. However mine was so worn that the clip moved back, let go of the lugs completely and the hose blew out. The cable ties in the bodge are to hold the clip firmly in place rather than to hold the pipe in place

Thanks chaps, I will get a new clip and take it apart see what's going on. Getting eml code read Friday by @censo hopefully shed light on limp, could be related to this I guess. Thanks guys for all the advice unbelievable help.

Update - I fitted a new 43.95mm inner rubber seal on the end of the hose into the ASV/THrotly body and its made it much tighter, I then removed offending Zip Tie! All good no problems.

FOR AUDI A3 A4 SEAT LEON ALTEA INTERCOOLER TURBO HOSE PIPE SEAL O-RING 3C0145117​

Reactions: fhl
Can anyone shed light of what should be there and also confirm this is correct part attached. Seems to have an electric connector on the back. Think it's the asv. It's on my atl 90 bhp View attachment 84128
Hi CrispyEdd,
My initial thought is that this is in fact the intercooler charge pipe which returns from the cooler across the front of the engine & as such is a pressurised feed,
the pipe security you show has been installed in an attempt to stop the hose blowing out under
Higher pressure situations.
The 2 lugs on the metal section are prone to wear on their peaks
allowing the pipe to disengage.
87CF1EE9-7B86-48BE-A4BD-F31CDCC0AF22.jpeg

65B4AB4D-A41F-491B-86DA-948E377124DE.jpeg
FB5EFD59-2223-4F3E-9292-F66F54FD88AA.jpeg

This is an example of the wear but from my 1.9 tdi Ford Galaxy
Which suffered from the same issue which I tried to remedy the same as in your case.
I ended up purchasing a new hose & clip.
Hope that helps
Keith.

Hi CrispyEdd,
My initial thought is that this is in fact the intercooler charge pipe which returns from the cooler across the front of the engine & as such is a pressurised feed,
the pipe security you show has been installed in an attempt to stop the hose blowing out under
Higher pressure situations.
The 2 lugs on the metal section are prone to wear on their peaks
allowing the pipe to disengage.
View attachment 88150
View attachment 88151View attachment 88152
This is an example of the wear but from my 1.9 tdi Ford Galaxy
Which suffered from the same issue which I tried to remedy the same as in your case.
I ended up purchasing a new hose & clip.
Hope that helps
Keith.
Thanks Keith, the lugs on mine are part worn but are enough to clip in still so will wait for the big bang ? before buying new. Meantime back to the hideous jobs of climate temp flap removal.....

Back