Bose

sojah

A2OC Donor
Hi, does anyone know if an ipod can be fitted to a Bose stereo as mine doesn't have the auxilary outputs to connect anything to. If so what connection wires would i need to do this, thanks.

I dont think the head unit itself has anything to do with Bose, but it is reset via VCDS to change how the system is amplified (great stuff you learn from Skip) You will need to buy an iPod connection from Audi or Dension. I had this done a couple of months ago and highly recommend.

Yes, the stereo can handle an original CD changer and so there is an adapter to fit your ipod. Please use the search function.

Sojah, the Audi original, or Dension aftermarket kits just attach to all but the oldest of Chorus (cassette) units and go into the cd changer ports.

The Audi unit is good and has a longer warranty (2 years as opposed to 12 months) but will not charge the newest iPods and iPhones, but they'll still play back through them.

Cheers,

Mike

That little gizmo seems to have very mixed reviews, with a lotof people reporting hissing sound problems when connected.

This will only work with non-cradle systems too.

Cheers,

Mike

Back