Brake lights failure

Merlin

First of all apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have searched, but the only user reporting a similar fault resolved it by replacing light bulbs and that hasn’t worked for me.

Both rear brake lights have failed, but strangely the LED brake light in the window is still working. I have changed the bulbs but no joy. I have also replaced the brake pedal switch in an attempt to resolve it. No difference.

My understanding is that the LED draws from the same circuit as the other two brake lights, so it can’t be the fuse? Unfortunately my fuse box looks nothing like the one in the user guide so I’ve had to check every 10A fuse in the box; they’re all intact.

Any ideas?

Incidentally, the EPC light is on, but I don’t know if this is related. Couldn’t say if it started at the same time as the brake lights failed.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: thank you both. Looks like someone replaced the bulbs with single filament ones at some point, and I replaced like with like. Have now used double filament ones and is working fine. As a bonus, this seems to have switched the EPC light off too. Incidentally, if a single bulb is used for both braking and night lights, what is the bulb beside it for? Fog lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back