Brake lights on whilst driving at night?!

Kush

A2OC Donor
im getting really annoyed because first, the engine warning light comes on, and next the brake lights at the rear are all on including the leds at the top when my lights are switched on at night.
My car just got back from audi and the epc lights is gone,whihc was solved by changing the brake light switch (which theyve replaced for £84 :mad: ), but when i get home the same problem is happening just without the engine management light on.
I am going to take it back but in the meantime what could be wrong with it? help pleaase thanks
Kush

im getting really annoyed because first, the engine warning light comes on, and next the brake lights at the rear are all on including the leds at the top when my lights are switched on at night.
My car just got back from audi and the epc lights is gone,whihc was solved by changing the brake light switch (which theyve replaced for £84 :mad: ), but when i get home the same problem is happening just without the engine management light on.
I am going to take it back but in the meantime what could be wrong with it? help pleaase thanks
Kush

They may have misaligned the brake light switch, it may just need some form of adjustment.

On my Mercedes that model of car (V Class) drops the revs when the brakes are touched, this can cause all sorts of problems including going into 'emergency get you home mode' or 'limp mode' and is also caused by the brake light switch being set to too sensitive and misaligned.

Just a thought.

SARGE

Sounds to me like they've installed it wrongly - the switch is inserted into a metal carrier and then given a quarter turn to lock it in place.

If it's not been inserted fully before twisting, it'll still lock, but will effectively be activated all the time.

Take it back to them and get it sorted - oh and don;t pay any more, they've fleeced you enough, as the switch is about a tenner and changing it takes less than 15 minutes!

Cheers,

mike

Back