Brakes

terzo282

Does anyone know if i can get larger brake disc and calipers onto my A2 maybe something off an A4, it's just that they look a bit small in the 17" wheels

The only stuff you could fit would be from an A3 (old style) or TT, as these have the correct PCD of 100mm for the bolt holes - A4s do not.

There is no need to go for bigger discs on the A2, as it's so light that the standard setup is more than adequate.

If you want to go down that route, just for the sake of them looking a little small, be prepared to pay big bucks.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton

I do find that they fade when used hard, there are some really nice long windy roads i use on my way to work, when i leave very early and there is no-one on the roads i have fun, and i just want some big brakes with good stopping power that don't fade

Thanks

Col

In that case, go for something like the EBD discs and Greenstuff pads, which are much better at reducing fade than the standard stuff.

Brembo also do some good discs for the A2.

Cheers,

Mike

You could probable use discs and calipers from a Mark 4 golf or a late Mark 3 golf(must have the 5 stud hubs)as the hubs are the same PCD and offset.
A lot of these came with discs that are 280mm in diameter and 22mm thick compared to the standard A2 ones which are 256mm and 22mm respectively.

You may get away with just being able to use new discs and the Golf carriers retaining your original Calipers,but you would have to check.

I believe on the Golf they can go upto 312mm discs from the TT but I agree with Skipton that this would be overkill.

The choice is yours

In that case, go for something like the EBD discs and Greenstuff pads, which are much better at reducing fade than the standard stuff.

Brembo also do some good discs for the A2.

Cheers,

Mike

Having had EBC discs and greenstuff pads on eggbert I can vouch for their performance although they had to replace fthe first set of pads - they were worse than standard set up, I can safely say that with this combination the A2 has the best brakes I've come across (excepting stupid money porche type setups of course)
Mike

Back