Broken springs - Front only?

agent006

I've just been told i've got two broken front springs, so i'm going to bite the bullet and fit FSD shocks at the same time.

My question is, should i also replace the rear springs at negligible extra cost just in case or do they not suffer the same problems with breaking?

If I were you I would change the rear springs as well yes, and as Phil says, get the strut top bearings done at the same time. Doesn't Schnelltracker say something about changing the bump-stops also?

While you're in there, check/grease the ARB bushes.

My question is, should i also replace the rear springs at negligible extra cost just in case or do they not suffer the same problems with breaking?

The rear springs rarely break so unless you are planning to lower the car then its not really necessary. In addition, the rear springs are separate from the dampers and much easier to change if you need to replace them at a later date. Rear bump stops are prone to wear so be prepared to fit new ones when installing the FSD's (shortening the bump stops only applies if you fit lowered springs)

Cheers Spike

Back