"Bubbling" Noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ghau

Hi,

I have recently bought a second hand A2 1.4 SE (Y reg) and it has some faint noises at low speed. It is hard to describe, but the nearest description I can think of is that it sounds a bit like bubbling, or clicking. It also reminds me of the kind of metal stress noise a submarine will make if it goes too deep. I have read the discussions about "creaking" noises posted by realitybites, but I don't think it is the roll bar drop link, since the noise is still there after the link was replaced (which did remove another noise).

The noise is only audible when you move off and at low speeds, and starts right away. You can also hear the noise if you leave the handbrake on and engage the clutch in first gear.

My problem is that I bought the car second hand from Toyota, and although it comes with a 12 months warrantee, Toyota not being familiar with the car couldn't find the problem. They suggested I take the car to Audi for a road test, which identified the problem with the roll bar drop link, but didn't cure the bubbling noise.

I would really appreciate any suggestions.

best regards
George

hi george i Think i have the same problem as you, only mine happens after my car has been idle for a while.(like in the morning when im going to work)

After about 2 minutes or so it stops and i dont hear anything until the next morning.
Its weird, as i too would describe it as a "bubbling" noise.
Because mine goes away fairly quickly iv'e kinda just got used to hearing it.

I get faint rattle when i go over humps and holes and will be taking my car in to have this looked at.
also ill mention the bubbling to them and see if they can find anything.

Silas

Hi both,

a few questions;

1)is it a continuous noise? or does it get worse when you accelerate, let off the pedal, or brake?
2) where abouts is the noise coming from?

Siliyah,
You say it goes away after 2 minutes - if you stop and start up again, does it come back?

Kaine

hi m8,

mine don't come back till the next day,
the car has to be left over night normally for it to come back

Hi guy's,
I had this problem with mine when I first got it. It was alway's worst first thing in a morning , sat in traffic on the way to work. Had it back to Audi on numerous occasions and they never really found out what it was, even though it must have cost them a fortune in the process. They replaced quite a few bit's and pieces and eventually the noise eased up or perhaps I simply got used to it !

A2 Gone but not forgotten !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back