Bump stops, brake discs and pads

glock17

Took the Pink Panzer to the local VW dealer for its 2nd longlife service (62k) and had the cam belt, water pump, all filters, oil and coolant changed, grand total of £600.

The car requires new rear bump stops, has anyone got a part number for them (1.4tdi 90ps)? Would rather get them from Vagparts as the main Audi dealer (Agnew) is 55 miles away. The local VW also has trouble getting Audi parts from Agnew Audi as either Audi or Agnew want Agnew's doing all the Audi work themselves.

Rear discs and pads will need replaced soon; are the Audi discs and pads fine or are there any good alternatives? May do the front ones at the same time.
Not looking for anything fancy, just good stopping power.

The damn Pirelli's that I don't like managed to pick up a screw in the rear passenger tyre so it was £9 to Kw*k F*t for that too.

Cheers

glock17

There are 2 bump stops listed: 8Z0 512 131 C and 6Q0 512 131 B. The former is for sports type suspension and is 123mm long, the latter is for 'luxury suspension packages' and is 140mm long.

If you need the latter, it is a VW part anyway, so there should be no trouble sourcing it.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike, must be the latter as the codes list one of the options as 'G22 comfort suspension package front and rear'

Will call them on Wednesday and see if they can get the parts.

Thanks again.

glock17

I've been going through previous posts and GSF and found the following . . .

64330FG BRAKE PAD SET-EBC GREENST A2 2/01>

60180 Front Disc (as mentioned in previous posts (for a VW Bora))

or 62374K BRAKE DISC-VENTED 256mm A2 1.4 / 1.4 TDi 00> (PR-1LY Caliper)

Are these the right ones and does anybody have a code for the rear discs?

cheers

glock17

Hi glock17
60180 sounds right for Brembo front discs as I bought grooved Brembo max discs from them under their p/n 60180F.
Brembo don't appear to offer rear discs for the A2
Don't forget that you can get a better deal from GSF with our Club discount card.

Cheers Spike

Back