bushes or not bushes

Britt

Just had a service/mot/two tyres and two link arms done at local garage.Before going in car was making horrible noises from the front that would disappear when you turned right. :confused:Checked on old links and braced myself for new bushes :eek: When car was in i asked about state of arb bushes and was told all noise was due to link arms and bushes are ok :eek:
Picked car up as garage closed. On drive home car makes a slightly different noise from front that disappears when i turn right :confused::mad:
Any ideas as i need to explode in garage on Monday

Are there any rubber mounts under the bonnet that could give me problems.:confused:
The noise intensifies the faster you go:mad:
Turn left it is still there:mad:
Turn right it disappears:confused:
My car needs help:)

Hi Britt
The 'before and after' symptoms you describe don't make sense to me. I had a worn drop link and it just made a slight tapping noise when driving over bumps - no nasty noises when turning. Noises when turning / cornering usually relate to wheel bearings or CV joints.

Cheers Spike

Spike

The arms quered the clunk noises over bumps:)
It sounds like really bad road noise coming from right front area which only goes when mass is transfered to left wheel on a right turn.
MOT done with arms so all should be good :confused:

Everybody can stop worrying now because the noise was a wheel bearing:eek:
By throwing £150 at it,it is now fixed:)
The moral of this tale is to be very precise with descriptions as people cannot mind read no matter how small the mind:D

Back