Buying an A2---is ABS warning a deal breaker?

alfa75

Hi,

New to A2OC, don't have one yet but am in the market for buying one now.
Living in France at the moment and found a nice 2001 w 105,000 km but the airbag warning light stays on, it has what I am guessing are non standard for 2001 Audi 17" wheels. car doesn't look look it's been in any accident and the brakes work fine, is this a common problem and should I stay away at all costs.

thanks

You ideally need to give the car a scan and see what's thrown up - it might be something or nothing.

Worst case scenario is a new ABS unit needed (think €1500 plus fitting), so a scan is a must.

If the seller won't allow this, then you should walk, as they might be trying to hide something.

Cheers,

Mike

My a2 is currently suffering from abs problems. Looks like it could be costly so definately get it checked before commiting to buying.

Ok,

Thanks for the replies, I take it I need a "vagcom" scanner, is that what it's called? If I do that though, how do I discern what the code is, I assume it just gives you an error code. Is there a chart somewhere I can access, I am pretty certain that no VW-Audi dealer in France is going to volunteer the information

Back