C3 ordered - sorry for being a traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

markleigh

Following the untimely death of my A2 in Dec accident, yesterday I placed an order for a 1.4HDi Citroen C3 - semi automatic version.
I would have gone for another A2 but the truth is, I missed it not being automatic.
(Have had to get it made as I wanted black and with full length sun roof - only one with this spec in the country - and it was a shade of girly blue).
What closed the deal was a) £2200 cashback from Citroen and b) the dealer saying that they would loan me a car FOC until my car is ready - 6-8 weeks).
It's very plasticky but seemed to be huge value for money.
Hope I made the right choice........

Is it the C3 that has the great advert on TV ?
The one with the dancing car / robot.
If it is, it's a very nice looking motor. I have heard reports that the Citroen diesel engine is one of the most frugal on the market.

Dolphin Grey 1.4 petrol c/w OpenSky

I think that's the C4. C3 is more rounded. Looks like the result of a 2CV and a VW Beetle mating. Has the same 'feel' of the A2 but internally, nowhere near the quality of trim and finish. Shame.

;) The C3 is the car that Jeremy Clarkson used to demonstrate Citroen build quality.....he tore off the trim near the glovebox and center console without a problem!

But as a general appearance, the C3 is very much okay. Except for the 'Pluriel' cabrio; that's awful indeed. (all IMHO of course)

Strange however how a design can age. When the C2 came out, it instantly made the C3 look like a test version of the same design...

Good luck in keeping the C3 in one piece. Keep us posted!

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

I love the C2! Such a butch but cute thing in VTR guise! And the C4! VERY nice. Especially in 3 door form and the interior quality is astounding for a Citroën have to say. Any time a match for the new Focus or Golf. And if you get one you will still have a split view through the internal rear view mirror as on the A2!!! LOL

But the C3 never really floated my boat. Too rounded... but each to his own. Enjoy! But had Audi made a DSG automatic A2! I'd be ther first to have bought one. A 140bhp, 2.0 Tdi, DSG A2! yummy!

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

markleigh, I wish you the very best of luck. I struggled with the ownership of two Saxo's before switching to the A2. I found the quality to be abysmal both inside and out, and dealers did not want to know.

My local Citroen dealer was so appaulling I once made a 90 mile round trip to try another. It was no better.

True, the prices are ridiculously low. But my experience is certainly that you get what you pay for. Personally, I would rather poke my eyes out than buy another Citroen! But who knows, you may get a good one?! I certainly hope so.

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

[37]I can't knock Citroen, much as I feel I would like to. HSWMBO has had an AX and a Saxo as her transport and they have been 1) 100% reliable and 2) fixable by me with a hammer and a screwdriver (almost).[8D]
As you rightly say value is amazing.
This summe rthe saxo will mutate to a C2 for 'er indoors..................
or maybe a Panda.
4x4 so I can play in the snow.[37]

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
A2 1.4 SE TDI replaced with A3 2.0TDI DSG, the transmission of the future - today.

You're right; the quality of trim is pretty shoddy. The plastic looks like, well, plastic and there's no finesse about anything. But then again, it IS great value...
The other thing that swayed me is that I need a car very soon, as I discovered that from when I accept the cheque for the A2, I can only keep my courtesy car for 7 more days. After that I'd be car-less. To swing the deal, the dealer offered to loan me a car FOC until mine is ready (towards end of March). This would be a demo car or p/ex - as long as I didn't mind swapping it as and when they need it back. That sounded like a good deal... (as long as I don't get an old Citroen AX with orange velour upholstery...)
Mark

Hi!
Prior of having my A2 I had a C3 for 7 month, of which 2 were past on Citroen's service garage!!!
I've sold it because of it's extreme lack of quality. :-(
A Citroen never again... been there, done that!

Like some one said, best of luck keeping the car in one piece!

Cheers,
A2day

<center>Speed doesn't kill... sudden deacceleration does!

492429864412fdbb088ba0.jpg

Seat Altea 2.0 SportUp TDI</center>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back