car wont start

fasty

i got in my car today started it up drove round the corner and parked up went to start it again nothing i realised the petrol had run out so i some more in went to start it and nothing happened no noise nothing the radio still came on but the dash lights were flickering and could open the windows or anything i disconnect the battery and reconnected it but still nothing is there any one out there that could help me plz

Replyed to your PM

Sometimes there's enough life in the battery to opperate some items but not enough to crank the engine as the battery is in the boot it takes alot to send the power forward to the starter, the dash lights flicker is a deffinet sign of a flat battery

Phil

Last edited:
this is the first time this has happened since i put the new battery in do you think it could be the starter motor ? cause i did hav a screeching noise when i started it b4

The screecking is a prone starter problem for VAG cars mine does it from time to time, its just a dry bearing on the starter

Its the flickering of the dash lights just screems out flat battery, i deal with brand new VW and Audi's and sometime's they are left for sometimes and when you get in them, they sometimes sound like a tommy gun or just flicker the lights, check for 12v across the battery

Cheers Phil

i hav left on my drive for a few weeks but it always starts first time so if i was to jump start it would that work?

As you haven't used it for two weeks you could have left an interior light on, or its just discarged its self somehow

Cheers Phil

Back