CCU problem

john-wingnut

I helped Dazmo out over the weekend, rematching his keys and recoding his CCU.

We got the keys working, anti hijack etc and SCL, however, the CCU was throwing a Faulty Unit DTC and we couldn't get the cars alarm or should I say beeper to work. The hazards would flash but no noise.

He sent it off to Lau because the remotes wouldnt work - so that issue is obviously fixed.

Has anyone else on here who has used Lau had error codes on there unit once they got it back - I was thinking maybe due to something he does during repair may cause it to throw that code, or is it that there is still a fault on the unit.

Any ideas

John

Hi John..hope you well and the DIY work load not too overwhelming

I see no replies as of yet on this thread although on my previous ones there has been some discussion.

It was suggested to me to take part in the CCU swop where I exchange my broken module for a recently fixed one but as mine has been recently repaired Im not sure of the benefit in that?

As an aside I intend now to buy a spare key...can VAG Com be used to reprogramme the immobiliser module as well?

Cheers

Daz

I believe that you can but you need the SKC for your car to allow you to do that.

I had my keys done by Skipton a long time ago and cant really remember how to do it. You may possibly need VAG CAN Commander.

John

I have recently had my ccu repaired by lau for the same reason, my key fob not working. Got it back, keys now work. Now when the person was recoding key fob to ccu he said there was a fault code coming up still. not sure what it was, haven't tried to see if the alarm works or not yet but i'll be doing that tommorow. hope this isnt the case but sounds like it..:(

Hi John

Reading through previoius threads the SKC can be read from the car with the right device and then the key can be programmed with this pin number via
Vag Com...it appears Sarge had this device as far back as 2008.

Appears a second member is suffering a similar fate to my self since a CCU repair and also having a fault code thrown up similar to my own...

Back